THREE. austin vs. trent. vs. charlotte

CHARLOTTE WASN'T stupid

CHARLOTTE WASN'T stupid. She would never, ever call herself that. She was exceptionally smart and would do anything to see everyone succeed... well, not everyone. She had morals, and she knew right from wrong, and she knew that if she were going to want to see her friends thrive, she would have to do the unthinkable.

She sat outside Mini's, a new restaurant in the mall, and Trent soon approached her. The same guy who had flirted with her while he was dating Trish to get a job as Austin's backup dancer... that guy.

"Charlotte, right?"

She glanced up and watched as he took a seat in front of her.

Charlotte knew that Trent remembered who she was, and she knew that he wanted something from her. She didn't know what it was just yet, but she knew he wanted something.

"Yeah, Trent? How can I help you?"

"It's been a while... how are you?"

"Is there something that you need, Trent?"

"Can't I just sit with a pretty girl?"

"No."

"Look, I'm sorry for how things went down between you, Trish, and I, but don't you believe in change? Trish does."

"Trish forgave you?"

"Yeah. Why? Don't believe me?"

"I don't, but I am supposed to be meeting my friend in a few, so..."

"No, I understand. Just wanted to sit and talk. Apologize and see if I could get that opportunity for the date."

Trent stood from his seat, and as he turned slightly, Charlotte noticed the CD in his pants, Ally's handwriting sticking out to her.

"Hey, wait." She called, "One... date. After all, Trish did forgive you, right?"

Trent smiled, "Of course! Tonight?"

"Yeah... make sure to bring that CD. Your song?"

Trent pulled the CD out and glanced down at it, "Yeah... yeah, for sure."