EIGHT. the very big ask

"SO, YOU know, prom's coming up

"SO, YOU know, prom's coming up. And I think me and you have something really special." Austin sighed, a smiled plastered on his face as he spoke to Charlotte, "And I'd really be honored if you'd be my date to the prom."

"She'll love it." She smiled.

"No she won't. It was boring." Ally said.

"What was wrong with that?"

"It's all about the big ask." Trish said, "You have to ask her in a memorable way."

"Something big. Something romantic."

"Yeah, like when Jace asked me. We were video chatting while he was jumping out of an airplane, and he wouldn't open his parachute until I said yes." Trish smiled, "See? Romantic."

"I've always dreamt about how I was going to be asked to prom." Charlotte smiled, "Something simple. Elegant almost."

"How so?" Ally smiled.

"A single rose and a corsage. Knock on my door and "Charlotte, will you go to prom with me?". That easy."

"Luke hasn't asked you yet?" Trish asked, "Gavin hasn't asked Ally either. Prom's only a couple of weeks away."

Luke hadn't asked because Charlotte didn't want to go to prom with him or anyone one at this point.

All her friends were in happy, loving, committed relationship and she wasn't going to slug around them for one of the best nights of their lives.

"He will. I'm sure he's just trying to figure out something extra special."

"Austin! Where's the egg?"

Austin chuckled, "Relax, it's right here."

Dez had been dressed as a Zalien as Austin unveiled the very large Zalien egg.