ONE. chasin' the beat of my heart

EAT

EAT. SLEEP. Work. Repeat.

That's how past two months had been for Charlotte.

She had been in and out of the children's center for two months and she couldn't be more over the moon about it.

She met new friends, colleague... friends.

He was a friend, at least, Charlotte saw him as a friend.

Luke Johnson had been the freshest face at the children's center. He sorta took over Charlotte's old position. He made sure the children were doing okay, if he could get them anything, played them a song every once and awhile. They adored him and really saw him staying long term for the time being.

He and Charlotte had gotten close, especially since she had to show him the basic in's and out's of what she use to do.

Luke didn't want to be a doctor though. He liked the idea of helping people, but in some sort of different light. Through music mainly, but nonetheless, this is what he currently wanted to do.

"Come on! A visit wouldn't be too bad would it? Besides; Ally's coming! You might as well come."

Charlotte sat at her desk with Carter on the other end. They were making a stop in Maine and Charlotte had next week off. It would be perfect to come and visit while being on break.

"Maine, you said?"

"Yes." Carter sighed, "Look, you didn't hear this from me, but Austin misses you like crazy. I saw him spinning Dez around while saying your name."

Charlotte held back and laugh and leaned back in her seat. Of course she missed Austin and it was very clear that he missed her.

Work kept her on her feet and she barely had the time to talk to anyone unless it was during her breaks or her off days, but she mainly slept and studied during those days, so not a lot of interactions between her friends happened unless it was between Ally and Luke.

"Fine! I miss you too."

Charlotte smiled, "I'll go. I'll let Ally know."

"You're coming?"