TEN. i kinda like it that you're innocent

AUSTIN'S FAVORITE thing to do while Charlotte was away was watching the video Dez had recorded for them

AUSTIN'S FAVORITE thing to do while Charlotte was away was watching the video Dez had recorded for them. Back when they were officially official, you know?

Charlotte would go out of town for weeks to visit her grandparents in South Carolina, though it wasn't too far, she would find herself being too busy to have much, if any, contact with Austin.

But this video was different. It wasn't one that Dez took, it wasn't even one Dez had seen. It was Austin's video that he had taken with Charlotte. It was special to him and he always kept it close... even after the breakup.

"Okay, wait." Austin called from the video, "How do I zoom out?"

Charlotte's laugh could be heard echoing, "Let me see."

She stood in front of the mirror of her bedroom with the camcorder in her hand and zoomed the camera out.

"How do you know it's recording?" Austin asked.

"The red light is on." She smiled.

Austin glanced down at Charlotte, a smile painted on her face.

"You have a pretty smile." He complimented, "Like an angel, you know?"

"I've never heard that before." She laughed, "It was cheesy."

That exactly where the video ends.

Austin always kept the short video close. It was a good reminder of what he had and could hopefully get back.

Maybe it was a good thing that Austin watched the video that day. He had wanted to write his own song again, but make it ten times better than what it was before.

Something about his comment on Charlotte's smile stuck out to him.

An angel's smile... maybe he could use that to good use.

NEVER IN his short, little life had Austin Moon seen this much success over a song he had written. The song had been played all over the radio and people couldn't get enough of it.