EIGHT. the breakup that started it all

CHARLOTTE TAYLOR always wanted to be a doctor, nothing could change that

CHARLOTTE TAYLOR always wanted to be a doctor, nothing could change that. She didn't want to be a teacher like her mother or a contractor like her father. She wanted to be a doctor and help people every single day.

She just didn't know if Austin saw that same dream of hers. She adored her relationship with Austin and nothing and no one could change that. She knew that her relationship with Austin was special.

From when he rejected her to when she rejected him. The first tragic date, the almost I love you. And now the breakup.

She didn't want to break up with Austin honestly, but she had pushed his dreams of being a pop start before her own and it seemed that Austin had been doing the same thing.

At school, Charlotte participated in anything that could get her further and further into her career... Austin rarely showed at conventions, competitions, or whatever Charlotte had because he was so busy trying to make it, but so was she.

But what she didn't know was that Austin had asked Dez to record every event he couldn't make it to and being his best friend, Dez did it without hesitation. If Austin wasn't there in person, he always got the chance to watch the events when he was home.

But Charlotte didn't know that. No one told Charlotte that. So, when Austin didn't show up for a competition that he said he would show up to, she was furious.

Dez stood with Austin in his bedroom as he passed Austin the recording of Charlotte's competition.

The two of them jerked their heads up as they heard hard knocking on his door.

Austin quickly shoved Dez into his closet and Austin swiftly opened the door, leaning against it as he smiled down at his girlfriend.

"'Sup?" He smiled.

Charlotte held her first place ribbon in the air and pushed her way inside the room.

"You got first!" He cheered, "That's great! Why do you look angry?"

"I'm angry because you promised that you'd come! Time and time again, you say you'll come and never show!"

"Charlotte... I know and I'm sorry, but I was busy-"