Chapter One : No escape

05/03/2021

 Welcome to my story!                                                                                                                                               

 I really hope you enjoy :)

 -Aphrodite                                                                                                                                                                                 _______________________________________________________________________________

                Shivering, I sobbed out, unable to speak, unable to move. "Shh, shh, now babygirl, it's alright, you're safe, don't cry" he soothed, moving closer to me. "N-Noah, I w-want to go home," I sobbed, feeling weak from my inability to talk without stuttering.

              A gasp left my parted lips as his hand forcefully connected with my cheek, "You are home, so I don't want to hear that crap from you, okay?" shaking, I looked down at my feet, his gaze too menacing to hold.

             "I said, do you understand" he spit through clenched teeth, "y-yes, I'm sorry" I whispered, a new wave of tears making their appearance. "Good girl, now I need you to keep being a good girl, okay?" nodding, my eyes met his dark ones.

              His form towered over me, making me feel small and irrelevant. "Words, Embry!" He demanded as I stuttered out a quiet yes. I studied him cautiously as he walked towards the far end of the room, shuffling through drawers before stalking back towards me and crouching down.

              I sucked in a breath as I saw the knife in his hand, his face held a mischievous grin as it glinted in the light. "Now babygirl, you see, as much as I hate to, you need to be punished, do you know why?" His tone was condescending, telling me he wasn't really upset about 'having' to do anything.

          "I-I'm not sure" I admitted, pressing my back against the wall to get as far away from him, which only provoked him to inch his face closer towards mine with every passing second. "That night when those bastards arrested me, they only came because you called them, isn't that right?" His jaw clenching at the mention of the police who saved me that night.

             Registering the rest of the sentence my face scrunched in confusion, "n-no I didn't, my ph-my phone was dead, I promise" my eyes pleaded with him to believe me. His face turned cold as he muttered out two words, "wrong answer", and with that he grabbed my torso, yanking my top up enough to have access to my stomach.

             Pain coursed through my body as he carved my stomach, an evil glint evident in his eyes. My pleading screams were the only sound that filled the silence in this empty room.

             Shooting into a sitting position my eyes were wide with fear. It was just a dream. Sighing, I peeled my sweaty body from the bedsheets, trotting to the bathroom to wash off yet another nightmare of him.

              Standing in front of the mirror, I lifted my shirt up, in search of the cut I had so vividly felt him taint my skin with. Running my fingers over the area I was sure it would lie, I shuddered as unpleasant tingles ran through my body at the contact of my fingertips and the unmarked skin. It always felt inhumanly real which was the worst part about my nightmares, because even though he wasn't here, he was everywhere.

               After attempting to wash my fear and problems away I quickly dried myself, my stomach begging for food. Running downstairs a heavenly aroma hit my nostrils as I inhaled. Pancakes. Smiling, I called out for my parents, only to be met with silence. I had forgotten they had left to go to a wedding.