Chapter Forty-Four: Back where you belong

25/02/2022

I love reading all your comments! 

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------

(Noah's POV)

My heart thrummed painfully in my chest with joy as she hid her face in my chest, my top absorbing her tears. I was usually never pleased to see her shed tears over anybody but me, but this time I would make an exception. How well that worked out for me, now she was forced to crawl back into my arms and I didn't have to be the bad guy.

That's what brothers are for, aye? "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left, I'm so sorry" her small voice was muffled in the fabric of my shirt. Those words, like music to my ears. I slowly rubbed her back, a loving look plastered onto my face. Things could not have been going any better. This was perfect.

I watched as she struggled to look over at Sebastian, "I'd like if we could go home now Noah." She whispered, turning back to face me, I could have collapsed with the surge of joyous emotions running through me at the moment.

Her gaze was plastered to the floor as my thumb reached up to stroke her cheek, my Embry, back where she belongs, in my arms. A cocky smile on my face as I looked over to Sebastian, what a heart broken love sick little puppy, it was disgusting really. "Of course baby" I beamed down at her, resting my hand on the small of her back as I led her out towards the car.

Throwing one last look towards Sebastian, I couldn't hide the giddy feeling inside of me, I would deal with him later. Climbing into the back of the car, I pulled her onto my lap, kissing her tears away. It truly did hurt me to see her in so much agony but lessons needed to be learned.

"What's going to happen to-to the man upstairs" she whimpered, blankly staring at her hands which were dotted with blood. "I'm taking care of it, don't worry my pretty little flower" I mutter, nuzzling my face into her neck. Her body sat limply against mine, a look I loved to see on her, defeat. "And-and Indigo?" she gulped, her body tensing, I could feel my jaw tick at the mention of my backstabbing sister but this moment had far too many opportunities than just anger.

"I was certainly going to have a talk with her, but then when she realised you had killed somebody, you should have seen the disgust on her face, she couldn't even look at you so she bolted out the door before I had the chance to stop her, she just left you Embry, abandoned you, you didn't notice?" I held back a grin as I watched the pained look befall on her face.

Always so easy to manipulate my dear wife. Wife, that reminds me. Pulling the ring from my pinky finger, I placed it back on hers, as she turned to look at me. "You forgot this" I controlled my tone so it was emotionless, "don't worry baby girl, I'd never shut you out just because you're a murderer."

Smirking, I pulled her head to my chest again as her tears started up once more. "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" her muttering continued, repeating the same apologies over and over again as her small hand shakily gripped my shirt. So vulnerable, and completely at my mercy. Oh what paradise.

(Embry's POV)

I knew it was in defence, I was hurting but I should have ran, I should have kicked him, hit him, punched him, done anything but willingly give myself back to him. This was just like the wedding proposal all over again, but, but he was right. No one else would even be able to stomach being around me if they knew who I really was, a murderer.

My heart stung immensely as I imagined Indigo's face as she looked me up and down, fear and pure revulsion on her face. I was a monster. Noah was the only person I really had, the only person who ever fully loved me for me. I couldn't stop the apologies spasming for my lips, I was so incredibly remorseful, I didn't mean to.

"Please don't let me leave again" I whispered, my eyes feeling heavy as I found comfort in the body warmth wafting off Noah. "You're never leaving me again" his hand stroked my hair as I was lulled to sleep.

My head felt heavy and my eyes stung as I woke up to a painful ache running through my right arm. I lay there for a couple moments letting the events of what I was assuming to be last night sink in, Sebastian. Just thinking about it again, my heart felt as though it was being squeezed tightly.

Moving to inspect the pain in my arm, I could feel my stomach lurch as I studied the handcuff placed around my wrist, trapping me to the bed. A panicked groan escaped me as I slid into a seated position. My arm no longer suspended above my head, it now lay on my lap. Tugging vigorously at the metal, I gasped at the pain that shot right through my arm as the metal dug into my skin.

"Tsk, tsk, baby girl you're only hurting yourself" my head turned rapidly to find Noah seated, amusingly observing me. Sinking back against the headboard, I stopped my fidgeting of the handcuff, knowing I could never predict what Noah would do next.

"Good girl," he smiled, sauntering towards me. "How are you feeling, little bug?" I could feel my tears line up ready to escape at the simple question, my head shaking swiftly back and forth as they began trailing one by one down my cheeks.

"You're okay now, I'm here to protect you, you got your little adventure but now you know that with me is where you really belong, isn't that right?" He feigned a frown, sitting down beside me and pulling me into his side. Nodding, I once again looked for comfort from him, pushing myself against his body, letting his scent envelope me.

Sebastian, I couldn't rid myself of the thoughts about him. Had he been faking it this whole time? My sobs rang out at a higher pitch at the thought, the brownies, the decorating, the card game, my first time. I had been so weary about just giving myself to anyone and here I was. All those declarations of love, fake.

"It hurts, it hurts so bad" I cried out, pulling myself closer to Noah. "I know baby, I know" he mumbled, resting his lips against my forehead. I felt dirty at the thought of how I let myself be so vulnerable and intimate with him. "C-can I shower?" my sobs showed no sign of stopping as Noah silently unlocked the handcuff, carrying me into the bathroom.

"Alone?" I looked towards him as he simply shook his head no. "I can't trust you anymore Embry" he frowned as it felt like another stab to my heart, great. Just one more thing to add to my list of fuck ups. I sat stiffly, silent tears falling now as Noah gently pulled my clothes off of me, running the water of the bath.

"I love you Embry" he beamed, taking my face in both of his hands and leaning down to shower kisses on my face. His lips eventually landed on my own, I didn't push him away, I didn't curse him out of it and I didn't feel disgusted. I kissed back, pushing myself into the kiss, liking the feeling of something other than the raging emotions brewing within me.

"My beautiful little Embry" he muttered against my lips, leaving me breathless as he finished filling the bath. I watched him blankly, my tears having run dry, my spine straightening as I watched a grimace plant itself on his face, his eyes trained on my neck.

"What the fuck is that" he seethed, grabbing my neck in his hand tightly. The panic rose dramatically within me as I wracked my brain for what was going on. 

Oh no, oh no, no, no, no.

"Is that a fucking hickey" he spit. Gulping I stood impossibly still as he stepped backwards, a harsh laugh filling the air around us. "I get it now, I get it now, I thought you were just sensitive but no," I yelped as his hand clutched onto my hair, pulling me with it so I was face to face with him.

"You were so upset because his plan worked, you let him fuck you, is that it Embry? Did you spread your legs like a little slut?" He taunted, his eyes burning with rage.

Oh shit.