Chapter Thirty-Four: Brother Dearest

20/02/2022

You would not believe how much I am enjoying writing these chapters from Noah's perspective, especially this one.

I hope you enjoy!

~Aphrodite

-------------------------------------------------------

(Noah's POV)

     Making my grand entrance, I made sure to use enough force that his door would slam against the wall. "Sebastian, brother dearest" I spit, waltzing my way into his room. "Noah, what the actual fuck, it's like 1 o'clock in the morning, go to sleep" he groaned pulling the blanket above his head.

Hitting his light switch on, I watched in pleasure as he whined at the new light source burning his eyes. "You would not believe the most interesting pieces of information that I have just found out within the past three hours" I exclaimed in a singsong tone.

Dodging the pillow chucked my way, I pulled his chair out and sat in a lax manner. "You fucktard, let me sleep" he grunted, "it's information about Embry" I teased, gaging his reaction.

He held his composure quite well but I saw it, the slight widening of the eyes, tensing of the jaw and clenching of muscles. Quite a quick recovery but not quite quick enough. "Yes, I knew that might peak your attention" I smirked, spinning my wedding ring between my fingers.

"You see, my dear brother, I was wallowing in my grief and then the wildest thought hit me, the necklace, which of course you know nothing about." I beamed at the growing tinge of panic making its way onto his face, so much to learn Sebastian.

"What you don't know Sebastian, is that I love my little bug very very much, and I would do the craziest fucking shit to keep her safe, take for example, sticking trackers in every gift I give her" I could feel the exhilaration coursing through my body as I controlled every moment of this situation.

"What's your point Noah" he hissed, "tsk, tsk, so impatient brother, well, I had bought Embry a necklace that I was going to gift to her once we landed on the island, and obviously it had a tracker in it, real pity I never got the chance to give it to her, or so I thought."

I studied his face as it drained of colour with every word leaving my mouth, such exhilaration, "I had placed that necklace in my jacket pocket, so I could put it on her as soon as that plane landed, but the thing is, she ran off, it gets better don't worry, my little darling wife ran off with my jacket, the jacket with the necklace in the pocket."

"So, you found her?" Nice try, Sebastian, but you aren't playing it off quite as well as you think you are.

"Not quite, no, but of course, me being the caring husband I am, worried sick for her safety I check the location of that tracker, it was left on a train heading East," the feeling of control was intoxicating as I knew I was about to crush that sense of relief that just filled him.

"So, I wasn't quite sure how that would have been possible and I'm hoping you could shed some light on the situation, you see, my dear brother, I did some calculations and let's just use our estimations here and say that I had called you about two minutes after Embry had run."

I watched him squirm under my crazed gaze, "The train station being about a ten minute run from the car for somebody with Embry's pace, but the thing is Sebastian, I know you, and your men would have been on that place well before she ever reached it."

"Look Noah, you're tired and upset, you aren't thinking stra-." Jumping from the chair I grabbed the neck of his shirt, "don't fucking try that shit with me right now, I swear to god," shoving him back against the mattress I let a grin cover my face.

"Anyway, I did some digging and got a friend of mine to pull up the camera footage from that station, my god does she look beautiful as an anxious mess, then I got this friend of mine to pull up your call logs and the information on your men."

I let out a manic laugh as he got up from the bed and attempted to make a move to the door. Slamming my hand against the door, I continued my little story which he kept so rudely interrupting. "Around a time that would match up with Embry sitting on that train, being as disobedient as ever, there was an unusually long call to an unknown number from your phone, of course the only reasonable thing to do was listen to the recording I had of that call."

Tilting my head I furrowed my eyebrows, "now do you see why we might have a little issue here Seb?" "You wouldn't even believe the shock on my face when I heard the angelic voice of my little bug on the receiving end of that call, are we still bored now brother?"

"You're fucking crazy Noah" he spat, "I'm blushing, truly, but back to my story, I must have relistened to that call about five or six times and each time I just kept coming up blank as to why, but then it finally hit me."

Stalking towards him my tone had an edge to it, "you think you're better than me Sebastian because you'd 'never drag someone else into this life', except that's not quite true is it?"

"You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about" he stabbed my chest with an accusing finger, "no Sebastian, you have no idea who you're dealing with, I was just about ready to run in here and kill you once I put the pieces together but instead, I've decided to give you something so much more painful than death."

Letting my lips tilt up into a grin I continued to add to the dread inside of him, "I know all about that little lover you had that you tried so hard not to drag into this life, come on, ask me how I know?" I gleamed as his jaw hardened, his curiosity getting the best of him, or maybe it was the fear.

"How do you know?" he whispered harshly, "I know because I'm the one who slit her pretty little throat, it was a little initiation process as such for father to finally let me work with him, and you want to know a little secret Sebastian? I enjoyed every fucking moment of it and when ever I'm feeling down, I just replay the sound of her begging for you to come and save her." I chuckled bitterly.

Catching his wrist as he went to throw his body against mine, I pinned him to the floor, twisting his wrist painfully behind his back. "So sloppy Sebastian, I really did think you were better than this, imagine if Charlotte could see you now," I jeered.

"Keep her fucking name out of your mouth, at least the girl I loved was never disgusted by my presence you prick" he bellowed. "At least the girl I love isn't dead, so tell me Sebastian, where the fuck is she?" I questioned pulling on his arm more. "I don't fucking know, all I did was get one of my men to give her a disguise so she could keep running and I could watch your bitch ass suffer, I swear" he groaned, struggling against my grip.

"You're real fucking lucky there has been no more camera footage of her after she stepped on that train because if I find out you're lying Sebastian, you'll be begging for me to end your pathetic excuse of a life, got it?" I kicked his body, before straightening myself out.

Dusting off the dirt from my hands on my pants, I strolled back to my bedroom. Once again pulling out my computer to do more research on the whereabouts of my precious baby girl.

As they say, if you want something done, do it yourself.