Chapter Twenty-Four: Watch the World burn

16-11-2021

I hope you are all doing well! Reminder, I love you and I appreciate you :)

I hope you enjoy,

-Aphrodite

----------------------------------------------

         "Will you marry me, Noah?"

Once the words hit the air it felt as though I regained a consciousness I didn't previously have. It was the feeling of blacking out and watching yourself do something from the depths of your mind while you really have no control of it happening. It was the sensation of self sabotage.

There was no reply from him, no words were spoken between the time he dropped the hammer and stormed towards me. His aura said enough. His hand found its way into my hair as his lips crashed onto my own. I moved my lips against his, what was there for me to fight against anymore.

It wasn't as though he had taken the last of my freedom, no I did that to myself. His hands trailed greedily over every inch of my body. I knew I didn't like the feeling. It was rough, it wasn't a touch of safety or comfort, it was one of the cold and loneliness. It was one of obsession.

I was simply a viewer to what was happening, I no longer felt control of my body, I was functioning on autopilot. The metallic taste of blood entered my mouth from his, it wasn't a foreign taste to me but this time I knew it wasn't my own, and that was enough to have me choking on my own bile.

Scrunching my eyes shut as he nipped the skin of my neck, I felt the urge to scream, cry, vomit and throw myself down a set of stairs. I felt and I felt and I felt. I just kept feeling but I didn't know what and I despised it.

I felt angry, sad, relieved, hurt, trapped. I felt it all at the same time while also feeling nothing. I wanted to be the hero, but he had me on this one. I was always the victim. Slamming my lips back onto his I let myself feel nothing but his skin against mine. His hands, his tongue, his lips, his shoulders and chest.

"You're so perfect Embry" he shakily breathed trying to catch his breath. "And now you're mine, forever." His words burned holes in my heart, I thought I would be okay with this. I thought these past two days I was falling back into love with him.

I ran with the idea of being loved and manifested it into whatever this situation was. But it didn't feel the way I wanted it to, why wasn't I more relieved that I had just saved two lives? Why did I no longer possess the sense of calmness I had previously? Why was I no longer numb to the situation?

Wave after wave of emotion crashed down on me, tossing me under its current, shoving my head beneath the tide. "Let's get cleaned up" his proud grin refused to leave his face as he pulled me up the stairs. It took a lot for me to not ask what would happen to the two men but I had him in his little fantasy and I couldn't ruin it now.

At some point we had entered the bathroom attached to our bedroom, and at another point after that had Noah turned on the bath water. But it wasn't until this point now where he reached for the bottom of my dress did I snap back into my surroundings and out of my trance.

"W-what are you doing?" I whispered, my eyes darting around the room for a sense of threat, but the only one was him. "We're going to take a bath, despite how much seeing you covered in blood turns me on, I assumed you would prefer to wash it off you" he held a knowing smirk as I bit back the urge to grimace at his words.