Chapter Forty-One: All that you mean to me

24/02/2022

Little bit of emotional vulnerability between the two in this chapter! Unbelievably excited to ruin everybody's days with the next couple chapters :D

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------

(Embry's POV)

December 18th. The atmosphere around the place was amazing as everybody was on the countdown to Christmas. The apartment felt so homely with all the decorations and lights, it was becoming my safe place. Indigo had promised that Noah wouldn't be coming around anytime soon, at least not until after Christmas, and I trusted her so my paranoia had decreased a lot, for the most part. It was three days ago when that weird man came into the parlour and I was right, I hadn't seen him since, but I sure did hear a lot about him.

And by the look on Indigo's face as she walked in I knew this would be one of those times. "He came by again" she sighed as I could feel that familiar dread expand inside of me. "What did you tell him?" Worry coating my face, as I dropped into the chair at the table, following my lead she sat beside me, her brows creased with worry. "The same thing I tell him every time, that you aren't here anymore," gnawing at my lip in distress, I looked over to her. "And what did he say?" it came out as a whisper as I feared the answer.

"The usual, left his number again and asked me to give it to you," I groaned at that response. "I think I scared him off when I threatened to call the police, even though we both know we can't take that risk, are you sure we shouldn't just tell Sebastian to be on the safe side?"

Frowning, I dropped my head into my hands, "I don't know, I just, I don't think it would be a good idea, I'm scared he might do something drastic and if I've learnt anything it's that you avoid those possibilities at all costs." "I guess you're right, I'm sure he is just harmless anyway, and the door is always locked, not that he would be able to slip past any of us in the parlour," she reassuringly added.

"I'm sorry I seem to bring so much trouble along with me Indigo" a woeful look resting on my face. "Don't apologise pretty girl, both me and Dakota love having you here" she beams, "but I do believe I just heard Sebastian's voice down stairs, so that means it's my cue to leave" she winks heading for the door.

"Hey Inds" he greets, a paper bag sitting securely in his arms. "Don't forget to use protection" she lightly shouts from the bottom of the stairs. My cheeks burned with embarrassment, as I went to get two glasses and sodas for us.

"And what is it exactly that you tell my sister, huh princess?" His face possessed a smug look as I avoided his gaze. "Oh well do tell, I'm curious now" he leans against the counter, his eyes trained on me as I slowly turned to face him. "I don't know, I guess I tell her some things" I admit, shrugging in innocence. A guilty smile aimed his way as he waltzed over to me, pressing me between the counter and his body, "well I guess I'll just have to give you more story telling material later then huh?" His teeth nipping the skin of my neck lightly.

Scrunching my eyes, I forced myself to collect my bearings. Giving him a light shove, I rolled my eyes as his laughter boomed throughout the kitchen. "Can't you go one day without making me flustered, Sebastian" giving him an unimpressed look, I placed my hand on my hip.

"You look unbelievably hot right now" his voice raspy, shaking my head at him, I move to peek in the bag he brought with him.

"And what is this?" I question holding up the small game box, "well, it's a card game kind of but basically it has questions that we ask each other and it helps us get to know each other better on a deeper level. Obviously if you aren't comfortable we don't have to d-." Diving into him, I wrap my hands tightly around his torso, "you're interested in getting to know me emotionally?" My eyes glisten with happiness, such a simple thing with such a big meaning.