Chapter Fifty-Six: Like a child

16/04/2022

I am so glad to be back writing, finally done with my exams from last week, thank you all for being so patient!!! Happy Ramadan to my Muslim readers!!

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

----------------------------------------------------

Noah's Pov

She had been down in the basement for six days now, basking in nothing but my presence. An overwhelming sense of peace filled me as I could feel my baby snuggle further into me. A twisted pride welling within me at my brilliant idea of lowering the temperature of the room, now she had no choice but to rely on me for body heat. Her small frame shook within my embrace a satisfied sigh passing her lips as the heat radiated from my body to hers.

The medicine I had been slipping into her food did not have as strong of an effect as it first did, yet still kept her weak and submissive. "I-it's cold" she whines out, clutching her fist tightly on the back of my shirt, her body snuggly wrapped around my own. "I know baby I know, but you won't take me up on my skin to skin offer so there isn't much more I can do" I whisper brushing my lips against her forehead.

A smirk lifted on my face, she was slipping, I can't believe I hadn't tried something like this before, she was eating from the palm of my hand. "But wouldn't it, wouldn't we be colder if we had no clothes to cover us" she slowly tilted her head upwards, her glossy eyes meeting my own. "That's what the blanket is for my pretty girl, the clothes are just blocking my heat from you" I trailed my hand underneath her shirt, rubbing the tips of my finger against her goosebump ridden skin.

"O-okay" she muttered as I internally jumped with glee. I knew she wouldn't be able to hold out much longer, considering the room was at these low temperatures all throughout the night, and me having been in the safety of my warm bed she simply wouldn't be able to resist the heat I could offer her much longer.

Feigning a concerned look for my baby girl, I gently lifted her top from her body, her skin feeling heavenly against mine, being mindful of the slashes from her last physical punishment two days ago, leaving her shorts on which she surprisingly did not argue about having to wear. It brought me a sense of comfort knowing she became scared to upset me, in hopes I would lessen her punishment if she was good. I could see right through everything she did, and I was just glad she could never see through the things I did.

"Thanks" her voice was all but a whisper, my heart thrumming in my chest at her compliance over the past few hours. I knew Sebastian had given her a little visit the first day, but I knew I had been in no danger of him helping her quite yet by leaving her at easy access for him. He didn't do a very good job at turning off the camera but one man's stupidity is another's success.

I was aware his unwillingness to help her was eating away at her, it was clear it hadn't affected her much at the start, but by now, I could only hope to see the anger she was bearing towards him. Point Noah. If I was to bet on it I would say that me attacking her for sleeping with him didn't hurt as bad as him walking out on her. Because no matter what, I've always been there for her.

Even when I am not physically with her I consume every inch of her mind, and that in itself is something Sebastian will never be able to take from me. I hope they enjoyed their little rendezvous because Embry would be in no one else's company but mine from now on. I had never felt more confident about a plan of mine sealing our relationship. She was cold, tired and weak. And so I'd give her all my love.