Chapter Thirty-Seven: Normal is overrated

23/02/22

Reminder that I love and appreciate every single one of you!!! I hope you are all having a fantastic day <3

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------

(Embry's POV)

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I stepped back from him shyly. Well that was not what I had planned. "I think- I think I have more flour in the cupboard so I'm just gonna go get that" I trailed off, scrunching my eyes together in embarrassment as I shuffled to get the new bag of flour. "Has anyone told you that you're cute when you blush?" he smirks, shaking his head as he turns to wash his hands.

Freezing, I quickly placed the flour on the counter, looking up at him. "Yeah" my voice wavered, "your brother. The guy who I'm married to and on the run from." I said defeatedly feeling stupid. A sudden emotion of weakness overcame me as I held onto the counter for support, a raw type of pain surging through my body.

Resting my head in my hands I could feel my chest restrict alarmingly, "oh god, what am I doing?" My chest heaving up and down at a rapid pace as I tried to get the air to reach my lungs, but it didn't seem to be working. Every breath I took never quite reached where it needed to, I was powerless as I wildly inhaled.

"This isn't right, I can't- I-I" sliding down against the cabinet door, I brought my knees to my chest. "Oh fuck, fuck, fuck" I could just about make out Sebastians panicked muttering as I caught a glance of his pacing shoes.

"Okay, I need you to stand up really quickly princess and sit on this chair for me" the heavy feeling of doom sat on my chest, squeezing my chest cavity, as I stayed put despite his command.

Picking me up bridal style, I was unable to care enough to do anything, unable to focus on anything but the spiraling feeling of shame and panic. "You're doing so good princess" he soothed, placing me onto the chair, and pushing my head so it fell between my knees. I could faintly feel as he placed my hand against his chest, "follow my breathing."

The odd position I was in eventually became comforting, the air finally making its way into my lungs. My hand moved up and down with his exaggerated breaths and soon enough I found myself matching the tempo of his breathing.

"Atta girl" he beamed at me, his hand not moving from mine. Drying the tears that had escaped amidst the panic, I slowly sat against the back of the chair.

"I'm sorry" I whimpered, wrapping my hands around my torso for comfort, to stop myself from feeling so cold. "Don't apologise Em, never apologise for that" he frowned, letting go of my hand and rubbing his up and down my thighs in a soothing manner.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I sniffled, "I don't understand where it all came from" pain undisguised within my words. "I don't know, I have no fucking idea what I'm doing" his face holding a look of pain that reassembled perfectly how I felt within.

The sudden intrusion of the oven timer beeping caused us both to jump in fright, a series of giggles following as I thought about how bad that timing was. "There we go, you know I think your smile is a lot more beautiful than your tears" he winked as I rolled my eyes at his smooth talking.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't believe Noah has ever told me that" a sad smile plastered onto my face. "I'm sorry I ruined our brownie making" I apologised gloomily. I watched in curiosity as he jumped to his feet, a wide grin on his face, "now who said that, because if I'm not mistaken, the brownies are still a go."