Chapter Nine: Trauma's a b*tch

03-05-2021

Warning this chapter may be triggering to certain readers as it contains topics such as sexual assault.

Enjoy and thank you to everybody who comments, reading them makes my day!!

-Aphrodite

 ------------------------------------------------------------------

   His hand crept further down, stopping once he had it right where he wanted it.

My breaths were laboured as I tried to stop thinking, to stop feeling. His other hand gripping my hands together painfully to stop my resisting, I refused to look at him so instead I let the darkness that came with my shut eyes consume me.

                    Bad idea.

-Flashback-

"I'm just going to run to the bathroom" I practically shouted so he would hear me across the noise of screaming intoxicated teens. "Okay little bug, I'll be right here" he pecked my lips before releasing me from my embrace of being comfortably tucked into his side.

It was something I'd soon learn he did as a sign of ownership but it made me feel safe, especially when I felt so out of place here. A high school party, I never thought I'd see the day I went to one of those.

Weaving my way through the crowds of sweaty body I grimaced every time the scent of w**d hit me. God I hope it didn't make you feel as bad as it smelt.

Straight ahead of me were two teenagers grinding on each other with their tongues uncomfortably visible to the public. "Why did I come to this thing" I mumbled, making a bee-line for the open bathroom door.

Entering the bathroom I felt as though I had come down from a sugar crash, the atmosphere was clear although the buzz of the party could still be heard.

Finishing my business I splashed cool water on my face, it felt nice as it made contact with my warm cheeks. I had barely moved all night, scratch that, I hadn't left Noah's side at all but the surrounding heat from the large number of people made the house uncomfortably stuffy.

I checked my phone for the time 10:03 and let my body weight rest against the back of the door.

We had been here for an hour and a half, Noah's deal was two hours then we could do whatever I wanted for the remainder of the weekend, I could do this.

How extroverts socialise so much I'll have no idea. Sighing I knew I had to get back before Noah got worried, heaven knows I wouldn't hear the end of that, not that I was complaining, it's nice to feel cared about.

Blowing my hair out of my face I entered the hallway, the couple had moved elsewhere to 'mingle' with each other. The house was a classic suburban family home, family photos covered the wall to my right.

As far as I remembered this was Tommy Parker's house, I'd seen him every now and then at Noah's football matches but with him being a senior and me just entering Junior year, I'd never spoken to the guy.

"Hi". Yelping I spun around, coming face to face with the boy responsible for almost sending me into cardiac arrest. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he playfully smiled.

Studying his face I recognised him from around the hallways at school, he was a senior like Tommy and by his build I'd take the lucky guess he was also on the football team as well.