Chapter Fifteen: Blood ties

28-09-2021

I'm on a real roll with these updates lately, look at me go. This chapter explores a little bit more of Embry's attraction to Noah and Embry finally meets his parents, let me know what you think of the new characters!

I hope you enjoy,

-Aphrodite

------------------------------------

  "I see you've met my mother" I broke away from the hug as Noah entered the hall, a smile covering most of his face. "Your descriptions didn't do her beauty justice Noah" she winked my way as I shyly looked away, a blush tainting my cheeks.

A short woman rushed into the hallway, "excuse me ma'am, your presence is required in the kitchen" she stated formally, straightening out her uniform. "I'll see you at dinner sweetie, it was a pleasure to finally meet you" Evelyn smiled leaving Noah and I.

"Maids?" I questioned loudly, the look of confusion on my face sending Noah into a fit of laughter. "You are too cute, yes we have staff here so I assure you, you won't have to lift a finger" he smirked charmingly walking up to me.

"How about we get you showered and ready for dinner, my dad is very eager to meet you" nodding I silently followed his lead up the steps. The mention of his dad sending shockwaves of anxiety through my body, I had a feeling any future contact with a male would have this effect on me after this experience.

Re-evaluating my plan to gain his trust and be nice, I forced myself to be confident. "Your mom is really nice" keeping my stare straight ahead, I was too scared to make eye contact with him in fear he would see right through my feigned confidence.

"I knew you would like her, and I already know she loves you" he shot me a side glance as the familiar heat coated my cheeks. Coming up to the door I had previously come out of, he held it open for me. "And this is our room, which you already had a look at when you woke up."

Our room.

Our room.

Our.

Sucking in a breath the reality of his words hit me, "o-our room" I stared fearfully at him. "Yes, that isn't a problem right?" he questioned, clearly amused by my flustered state. "No?" it sounded more like a question than an answer as I internally scolded myself.

Scanning the room once again. I realised all the boxes were gone, their "staff" must have unpacked them. The thought made me feel slightly uncomfortable, I didn't want people having to do things because of me, it made me feel like a burden.

As I turned around to face Noah, I took in his attire for the first time since I had woken up, he was dressed formally, in a suit with his jacket slung over a chair in the room. I scolded myself as I admired how good looking he was like a hormonal teenage girl. Having to remind myself he would look better behind bars I shook those thoughts away.

On the topic of hormones, I suddenly remembered I was on my period, "ehm, where is the bathroom?" I squeaked, avoiding eye contact. "Just through that door, take a shower as well and I'll get you something to wear to dinner" he turned, strutting towards a walk-in closet as I made a bee-line for the bathroom.

Turning the lock, I prayed no one would be able to enter, constant paranoid thoughts filling my mind as I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the shower. Messing around with the knobs, I let out a content sigh as the water heated up. It was the nicest shower I had ever been in, with cobbled stone walls and a seat to the side of the shower. The bathroom itself reminded me of something you would see in a movie with it's shiny tiled floors and grand mirror hanging right above the sink.