Chapter Thirty-Two: A helpful hand

19/02/2022

Three chapters in one day, that's a new record for me! Thank you all for reading and leaving comments, the best part is definitely reading the comments :)

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------------------------------

*Flashforward*

I could taste the sourness of the bile in my mouth, begging to be expelled. But I was frozen, what had I done? The warm sensation of his blood against my skin made me want to scrub off the top layer of skin. I stared wide eyed at his lifeless body. Oh god. Running to the bathroom, I made it just in time to expel the contents of my stomach.

Crawling back to where his body lay, I curled up in a ball on the floor, sticking to the corner not wanting to be sitting in the pool of blood, letting my tears run loose. My sobs unmercifully rang out through the apartment as I kept my eyes glued onto the gun that I had just fired.

I had killed him.

*Present time*

(Embry POV)

There was a strong sense of Deja-vu as the similar burning of my lungs and muscles made themselves known. After this I swear I'm never exercising again. I internally screamed for joy seeing a town coming up so close after only having run for about three minutes.

This was an impulsive decision I'll admit, and it wasn't meant to have worked for as much as it did but I wasn't going to mess it up. My thoughts had been racing just as fast as my heart ever since I had left that car but I think I finally had a plan that would work.

I knew going to the police station here would be risky, it would be the first place Noah would go, I also knew I couldn't return home before going to the police. That left me with one more option, get on some form of transport, get as far away from here as I can and then go to the police and watch from the sidelines as Noah rotted in prison.

I picked up my pace as I saw the sign for a train station in front of me. I knew I would need to change my appearance slightly, I would be lucky if he didn't have any of those creepy men always in his house in the station but there was nothing more I could do about it. The police station was a dead obvious place but here, I had a chance and that was enough for me.

Finally reaching it, I threw some of the money I had run off with into the machine and got a ticket for the farthest stop. I felt giddy as the train appeared in front of me, the taste of freedom lingering on my tongue.

Searching for a free seat, I scurried towards the end of the carriage with very few people, making sure to hide behind my hair. Taking the seat closest to the door I was prepared incase I needed to make a quick escape.

This was the furthest I think I had ever gotten, and all by myself. I let a sense of pride bubble warmly in my chest, maybe I didn't need Noah. I let my mind drift off as the train ride continued, presuming I had gotten on the train about seven to ten minutes after I left the car and I had been on it for around fifteen minutes now I was ecstatic. Twenty-five minutes or so of freedom already and they felt just as good as I had imagined, granted I was ignoring the constant fear within me and the looming thought that Noah would be disappointed in me. No, I couldn't be that girl today, no more chronic people pleaser for me.

I could feel my heart rate rocket again as an older man sat directly beside me. I was trying to tell myself it was paranoia but with all the free seats around us, I knew that most likely, nothing good would come from this. Pushing myself as close to the window as I could, I stared wide-eyed as he held a phone towards me.