Chapter Sixty: Hurt me so I feel

14/07/22

I love and appreciate you all!! *Big fat forehead smooch*

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------------

Embry's POV

"Nice to meet you" I smiled, now meeting the eyeline of the man. I watched as he stretched his hand out for me to shake, but as he looked at my face his smile faltered.

As if he knew something.

As if he knew me.

"And you Mrs. Hill," he was quick to compose himself, his smile coming back full force. Shaking off the doubt I previously had, I excused it as grogginess from the flight earlier in the day, giving him a quick shake of my hand.

"Well, I should get going, it was lovely seeing you again Mr. Hill, and you Mrs. Hill, I shall bring fresh bread and fruit to you both in the morning, have a safe night," he gave a quick nod of his head before grabbing his things and leaving the kitchen.

"He seemed nice" I smiled, helping Noah put the new food in its correct places. "Yeah he is, he used to deliver groceries with his dad when I was a kid and we were on holidays here" he smiled softly, clearly lost in his memories.

"Tell me about it" I encouraged, shutting the cupboard, "your childhood I mean, the parts I wasn't around for." Strolling over to the other side of the counter towards him, my arms found themselves snuggly wrapped around him. Letting his scent surround me, I felt safe as he returned the embrace. It felt as though there was nothing else at this moment, just us. There was no pain, no worry, no stress, just us.

"It's not going to be the happy story you want it to be, baby girl," he frowned, running his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner. "So then let me love the sad parts of you" I look up at him through my eyelashes, my heart beating steadily in my chest.

"How can I let you love the sad parts of me when the sad parts of you all consist of me?" The sadness in his eyes taunt me, "fresh start remember?" Sighing, he hung his head down, so it was now leaning against my own, "fresh start" he lightly smiled, hooking my pinky with his own.

"I won't make a promise I know I can't keep"

I smiled internally as I remembered the words he had uttered on our wedding day, not at what he had uttered, but at what those words meant for us right now. Lifting our hands, I kissed my thumb, watching him do the same in return

I allowed him to take my hand as he led me towards the couch in the greenhouse. Lying my body on top of his, I tilted my head in a way that would allow me to look at him as he spoke. "I guess the only good thing about going here for holidays is that there was no basement for our father to punish us in" he sarcastically laughed at the thought, as my heart pinched painfully within my chest. 

"H-how old were you when it stopped?" I muttered, scared of the answer I would get, I watched attentively as his eyes shot down to mine in a pitiful glance. "It didn't." I could feel my hold on him get unconsciously tighter, "I mean, it hadn't but now, now he can't hurt me again, or you, here we can be together and neither one of us have to be in pain again, okay beautiful?"

"Okay" I tilted my head as he cupped my cheek. "How about I let you call Evelyn, and then we get ready for bed?" Pulling out a phone I hadn't seen before, he searched up his mother's number, hitting the call button. Taking the phone in my hand, I sat on my heels at the opposite end of the couch, resting my legs on Noah's.