Chapter Nineteen: The harsh reality

03-10-2021

This chapter contains strong emotional manipulation, if you find this triggering please refrain from reading! Thank you to everyone supporting my book, I love you all very much and would forehead kiss you all if I could <3

I hope you enjoy,

-Aphrodite

--------------------------------------------

*Final part of this Flashback*

"I know this will take some time to get used to but you love me don't you?" he slowly lifted his body from mine now sitting on the floor, I followed suit, trying to scoot as far away from him as the chain allowed me to. Not having this he moved so we were sitting hip to hip, facing each other.

Shamefully I dropped my head, "yeah" I whispered knowing not even a fool would have believed me if I lied. "And I love you, spending the rest of your life with me doesn't sound too bad does it, hmm" he placed his hand on my thigh rubbing shapes with his thumb onto the fabric of my jeans.

Moving my red, puffy eyes to meet him, I smiled sorrowfully, "you know that was always our plan, but this isn't the right way to go about it Noah, we need to go back, my parents are probably worried."

"I won't let them take you away from me" his voice was once again strained, his eyes filled with a burning fury. "No one is trying to take me away from you" I reassured, placing my hand on top of his, seeking to get through to him.

"I heard what Keith said to you today Embry, they all say it, and I won't let it happen" his face held the look of determination. One that caused a heavy feeling in my stomach. "I would never listen to them, you know me Noah, if we don't go back soon they will send police and you could get in serious trouble" I tried to reason.

"A bit too late for that" he rolled his eyes, hope filling my heart. "Police are looking for us?" I asked in shock. Shaking his head, "they are looking for you, I've already been labelled as the bad guy" he clenched his teeth together, the pressure from his hand becoming more intense.

"That's why we are leaving here, I'm bringing you to our new home" he moved himself, standing up. If he brought me to a new location there was even less chance of me making it out.

"Noah, please I don't thin-" flinching back as his voice boomed against the padded walls, "Embry, you said you'd be good, you aren't sounding too obedient right now" he spat. I felt my stomach churn with a need to vomit at the demeaning words he threw at me.

The fact he was displeased with me didn't sit too right with me either, I had been told I was a chronic people pleaser and I now finally realised it was true. "Sorry" I whimpered, letting my hair curtain my face as he tied a blindfold over my eyes and a couple moments later secured my hands behind my back with rope.

I would have to wait until I got out of these bindings to try anything if I wanted to succeed. Blindly being brought up stairs I tried to tune my other senses in to try to figure out my location. I was failing miserably to say the least because before I knew it I was being buckled into a car and the engine revved on.

"N-Noah?" I whispered, hoping he wasn't mad at me. "Yes little bug" he hummed, "can I take the blind fold and ropes off? They aren't comfortable" I admitted, shuffling my feet around to figure out I had been seated in the back of the car.

"Not until we get to the house babygirl, I can't trust you knowing the route to the house in case you decide to run away from me" his voice got deeper towards the end of the sentence, as a way of warning me against trying to run.