Chapter Eight : Brotherly love

12-04-2021

Hi guys! I'm so very truly sorry for taking so long with this new chapter, sometimes I get discouraged in my writing, but I am extremely grateful to those who read this and those who interact with the chapters. 

Hopefully I'll be back on track with my writing, I hope you are all doing good! 

Enjoy! 

-Aphrodite

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muffled sounds surrounded me, I wasn't able to focus enough to really understand what was happening. My body was limp, securely pressed against a warm surface.

I groaned trying to get more warmth from the surface, the little movement had my tired eyes shooting open at the excruciating pain that shot through my chest and shoulder.

My eyes were met with dark, threatening ones staring down at me. I tried to pull away as I realised the warm surface was Noah's chest. Each movement was met with a sharp pain in my chest.

"Ah, ah, ah, I would limit my movement if I was you baby girl" his tone was impassive as I quit my struggling. I gripped his shirt afraid of being dropped, as he climbed the stairs holding me like a child.

I was carried into an unfamiliar room, the walls and décor were all dark colours, giving the room an eerie atmosphere. "Now I want you to shower, you're filthy after your little journey and then I need to wrap that mark before it gets infected". His fingers ghosted over the branding as I whimpered.

He sat me on the toilet seat, the bathroom was much bigger than the one that was attached to 'my room'. It matched the bedroom, the only colours were black and grey. He turned the shower on, placing clothes on the counter and turning to leave.

"Don't even think about doing anything funny unless you want that mark on your chest to seem like child's play" his eyes bore into my soul. My stomach was doing flips as fear coursed through my body.

I gulped as his stare prevailed, "I won't" I whispered. I couldn't find the courage to speak any louder, I was afraid he would snap if my voice was too loud.

"And no locking the door" he sneered before slamming it shut. I flinched working up the courage to stand.

I found myself frozen in front of the mirror, staring at the angry dark red blob on my chest. Sobs bubbled in my throat just staring at it but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of hearing me breakdown, especially not when he told me my screams were beautiful earlier.

So, I got in the shower and let the noise of the water mask out the sound of the sobs that racked throughout my body. I stood in a daze staring at the dirtied water swirling down the drain, it had such an easy way out, it wasn't trapped here and I envied it for that.

"Embry, you've been in there long enough, time to get out" his shout echoed, mixing with the bang he sent to the door. I rushed to wrap a towel around me and threw the clothes upon my body. My anxiety was screaming at me to go faster unless I wanted him to be mad and drag me down to that basement by the hair.

The cloth of my top rubbed against the raw skin of my chest sending sparks of pain up to my shoulders. I was face to face with that monster before I even had time to twist the handle. "Ah, there we go, all better and clean" he widely beamed. There was something so unnatural about seeing him smile, it didn't suit the demented persona he had going.