Chapter Five : Home sweet home

07/03/2021

Let me know what you think of the story so far! 

I hope you enjoy,

-Aphrodite

________________________________________________________________________________

        Groaning, I flipped onto my side, trying desperately to re-escape into the peace of my dreamland. "Embry baby, wake up, we are almost at the house", the sound of his voice was enough to have me wide eyed sitting up.

Studying my surroundings, I felt my chest constrict as I realised I was in the back of a moving car, there was nothing to see but trees surrounding us as the car sped along the road. We were far away from the city, that much was certain.

Rubbing the tiredness from my eyes I became aware of the ropes scratching against my wrists. "I know the rope isn't the most convenient but I didn't want to take any chances" he sheepishly smiled to himself, continuing to study me through the rearview mirror. "Where are we" my voice was low and scratchy, my swallow dry telling me it had been awhile since I last drank anything.

"Far away from your house, we should be there soon" catching his eye in the rear view mirror. I was too groggy and tired to even shy away from his heavy stare. You'd think someone who was so fascinated with me would know how terrible of an idea it is to approach me when I've just woken up as I'm a cranky tired person.

Letting my shoulders drop I grimaced at the small ache in my right upper arm. "You used a needle on me" I spat out venomously before I could even think. "I didn't have a choi-" cutting him off I let my anger take over.

"You knew I was scared of them, how could you?" my voice was raw with pain as tears of frustration built up in my eyes. Shooting daggers at his gaze in the mirror I scowled at him.

"I did miss how cute you were when you were tired" he chuckled as I let my jaw drop. Turning my head away I felt my nerves light up with annoyance towards him.

"Awh don't be mad at me baby" he playfully pouted. "Don't. Call. me. That" I seethed. He quirked his eyebrow up at my response, clearly amused, "call you what?" innocently shrugging he focused back on the road.

"All your disgusting pet names, you douche" tugging at the ropes around my wrist harshly I bit back the whimpers of pain from it cutting into my skin.

"I don't appreciate your attitude, Embry" his voice losing the traces of humour it previously held. "I don't appreciate you kidnapping me, Noah" I retorted already sick of looking at his stupid face.

I yelped as the car swerved to a stop and before I could blink the car door beside me was yanked open. "I dare you to repeat what you just said" he clamped his hand on my jaw, forcing my eyes up to his as he loomed over my shaking frame.

All tiredness disappeared from my body as fear took its place, "that's what I thought, and I didn't kidnap you, I simply took back what was rightfully mine" his jaw ticked in anger as his fingers bruised my pale skin.

"Now, are you going to stop being a brat or do I have to use another needle" he threatened as I whimpered at the mention of a needle.

"No, I-I'm sorry, I was, I was just tired, I'm so-sorry" I sobbed, praying for him to accept the apology and go back to driving.

"You'll be even more sorry if you don't start behaving" studying me face he threw me back against the seat returning to in front of the wheel.