Chapter Seven : Someone's gotta pay

09/03/2021

I hope you are all doing okay and remember I appreciate your existence,

 Tell me what you think of this chapter, enjoy! 

-Aphrodite

________________________________________________________________________________

             I pumped my legs and arms, urging myself to go faster. The trees around me blurred, whether it was because of my speed or my tears I wasn't sure. Fitness had never been a strong point for me, that much was obvious by the burning in my lungs.

Dodging low-hanging tree branches wasn't as easy as it seemed, every now and then I'd get a wack to the face causing me to stumble around for a bit. I couldn't tell exactly how long I had been running for but the ache of my muscles made it seem like I had been running forever.

The sound of my heavy breathing was the only thing I had to distract myself with, anything was better than focusing on the pain in my body. My feet were getting more numb with every stone and twig I split my skin on, they were completely covered in dirt, I could barely even see the pale patches of skin underneath the layer of filth.

My movements were getting sloppy as I came to a stop, I couldn't run forever but I was so scared he would just appear behind me. Resting up against the bark of a large tree, I struggled to catch my breath.

My goodness did I need to start going to the gym when I got home. Every little whistle of the wind or snap of a branch had me scanning the area, every part of my being was on edge, waiting for him to just pop out and grab me.

Every time I closed my eyes to focus on controlling my breath, his voice screaming those threats at me echoed around my mind.

"I swear to f*cking god Embry, you're going to regret this, you little b*tch"

"Just wait till I get my hands on you"

"You can't escape from me Embry, YOU'RE MINE"

"I'll have you begging for me to kill you when I'm done with you"

I tried so hard to stop the tears that were rolling down my cheeks, but I was terrified. I didn't know where I was, no one was looking for me, my parents were out there somewhere mourning my death and everything hurt like an absolute b*itch.

I was surrounded by nothing but trees, even when I looked up, the large trees prevented me from seeing the sky. I wasn't sure what time of day it was but the forest was getting darker.

I was terrified of the dark.

Trying to push those thoughts away, I got to my feet and began walking in the direction I had been heading. The feeling in my feet slowly started coming back, pain shooting up my legs at each step I took.

I needed to get somewhere before night fully fell unless I wanted to be stuck out in a forest the whole night.

Which sounded almost as bad as spending a night with Noah in that house. The forest seemed so surreal, it was beautiful and I felt disappointed knowing I would never be able to see another forest the same way again.

Relief flooded through my body as I saw an opening in the trees ahead of me. A road.

Skipping into a little jog I thanked the heavens when I made it out of the forest, I had no clue which way to go but I decided going right seemed like a good idea.