Chapter Sixty-Five: Everything happens for a reason

19/01/2021

To my beautiful readers, here we finally have the final chapter of Beautifully Obsessed. I have attached the song that plays in the record player towards the end, feel free to listen! It certainly has been an eventful two years of writing and I want to thank all of you for making it so worth it. I definitely hope to be back with other books and perhaps maybe even a sequel/prequel to Noah and Embry's story but nothing is confirmed yet. Thank you all so much for allowing my dream of my writing meaning something to other people come through. May you all forever know how appreciated and loved you all are <3

For the last time, 

I hope you enjoy this chapter of Beautifully Obsessed,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------------------------------------

Five years later...

Embry's POV

I rubbed my hands against the fabric of my trousers, the anxiety building within me at the large crowd of people. Pulling at the collar of my shirt I tried to ease my breathing, this wasn't my first book reading, but I always got very nervous at them.

When I did these, I put my work, my inner thoughts in front of everybody to judge. I put my experience, my trauma before their scrutinising eyes. So far the audience seemed to be interested in what I was saying, in work that I had actually published. Something I never would have thought would be happening. But the book had been published for a month now and the reviews were beyond me.

I suppose everything with Noah had its purpose in my life, its reason. It led me here. Led me to a dream of mine I had long forgotten under the weight of everything. My dream of being a writer. A silly hope I had when I was a child, one I never gave much of a second thought to.

Taking a sip of the water, I cleared my throat preparing myself to answer some of the questions. I hated this part. To think of an answer that would satisfy the readers, it was far too much pressure. "What was going through your head when you finally escaped?" I peered to look at the young woman who asked the question, sending a small smile her way.

"To be quite blunt about it a lot of curse words" I smiled as the audience laughed, "well I suppose after I hit Noah with the pan and was going to the police with Mr Rodriguez, the man who helped me escape, it kind of felt like those moments when you leave the house and freak out about having not turned off the oven or something."

"I was quite panicked that Noah wasn't actually knocked out and that he was right behind me, or that perhaps I was just running into a trap, but most of all, the most prominent thought running through my head was home" I finished, straightening my posture and looking out to the crowd of people.

I watched as my manager picked another raised hand to ask a question, "this is a bit of a follow up question to the previous one, but what was going through your head when you heard that Noah had been arrested?"

"Well, I had been in the police station for quite a while answering all their questions so I wasn't actually aware he had been arrested until about a day afterwards, but it didn't particularly feel real at first," I swallowed, composing my thoughts.

"But then you know, a week had passed and it was confirmed he was going behind bars permanently, and then a year, and I think it was just one of those things where I would never really feel like it was a sure thing until I experienced it happening, so there was definitely a lot of doubt" I nodded.