𝟜𝟠 • 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥

Your POV

I spent the entire night outside in hysteria. I was completely unable to collect any of my thoughts. When the sky showed a hint of the sunrise, I finally stood.

I ghostly walked over to Kahira's and Killian's room to get their bed sheets and then Kuchel's room to do the same and soaked them for washing. When I was out back, I noticed something. A horse is missing. Levi, of course had his Scout's horse, but at home we had two horses. My horse, Finn, was still out front but his brother, Jake, wasn't here.

They got away. Thank must have.

A dog's barks filled my ears. Max was running at me at full speed. "Max!" I cheered for him. I knelt down. "Do you know where they are?" I asked. He barked in response. "Lead me to them." I ordered.

I got Finn and mouthed onto him. I apologized for working him so hard. I promised that him and his brother could rest soon after all of this was done. Max led the way. As we continued, I recognized the route we were talking. This was the way to Maria's orphanage.

At least, now all I have to worry about is Levi killing me over Jonathan and Kahira being buddy-buddy. I exchanged in relief.

When I approached the property, the sun was finally rising. I jumped off my horse. I didn't bother tying Finn up. I made it inside of the dorms. I saw Kahira, Killian, and Kuchel all cuddled together sleeping peacefully. I rushed over my babies.

The weight on my chest lifted. I brushed all their beautiful dark hair as they slept. My eyes paid attention to how their chest rose and sank. I small exhaled of content released itself from my lips. I smiled down at them. Killian slept on his side, regularly, and Kahira slept with her butt up in the air, still they held each other's hand as they slept. Kuchel was in between them with her legs spread out like a starfish. I softly chuckled. This is how they always slept when they were near each other.

A vision startled me.

Right when, I processed it. It enacted itself. I started calm even if Gilda had a gun to the back of my head. "You're one of them?" I said just wanting her confirmation.

"Get up and move." She coldly ordered me. Her demeanor was completely different from when she worked at my home. "Don't try anything funny. There's a group outside waiting. You wouldn't want anything to happen to Maria and her family."

I stood up. "You won't kill me." I turned around to face her gun. The barrel was now in the middle in my forehead. "Shoot me. Do it." Gilda just stood there. I clicked my tongue. "I'm waiting."

She lowered her firearm.

"That's what I thought. I'll go with you, just don't touch Maria and her family."

"We have nothing to do with them anyways. Behave and they'll be fine." Gilda asserted bluntly. She took her gun and knocked me across my face. I head snapped to the side from the blow. Blood dropped from the top of my forehead. "Don't try asserting any authority over me. As long as you're breathing, I did my job. Start walking."

She walked me outside to a group of seven Yeagerist. They shoved me into the ground. This manhandling was to assert whatever dominance they think they had over me.

"Hey, be gentle. I'm pregnant." I stated. They chained my ankles together and placed handcuffs around me wrist. They pulled off the floor and walked me over to a wagon.

"Why is Eren so concerned with her anyway? She's weak anyway." One guy commented.

"Right. It's like being scared of someone's mom. What is she going to do? Feed us? She's just an old hag," Another said, joking about how weak I am. I didn't understand how motherhood was equated to weakness, but to stupid teenage boys with the emotional maturity of a ten-year-old it would. I wasn't even old that old. I'm not desperate to be young, but thirty-one truly was not old.