[𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪] ℝ𝕪𝕒𝕟 𝔾𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕖

"No. Stop it. Please." Ryan pleaded softly to the group of kids. He was hurting all over from the repeated kicks thrown at him. He kept his back to them in the alley and let them kick his back.

"Hey." A voice rang from the other side.

"It's Riley. Run." The kids scrambled.

Riley was a fifteen-year-old girl who's in the same sophomore class as Ryan. Her mother had passed away in a carriage incident and now she lived with her father and inherited all of her mother's money. She was tall standing at 5'9 at her age with short, messy blonde hair that almost looked ginger, she didn't let her hair go pass her ears. She had narrow honey brown eyes and a prominent mole under her right eye placed on her upper cheek. 

Riley stood over Ryan, looking down at him unamused. She clicked her tongue at the hopeless eight-year-old boy.

"Why don't you defend yourself?" She questioned. She leaned on her side onto the wall and crossed her arms.

"I was too busy protecting her." Now that he was safe Ryan turned towards Riley and sat down, revealing the small brown-eyed, ginger cat with a white belly. He was protecting the cat from being harassed by the other kids. The cat stayed in his arms even after it was safe. It found Ryan's arms comforting.

"Tch." She said. "You don't stand up for yourself even when you're not protecting anything. Why don't you show them not to mess with you?"

Ryan attention was purely on the cat in front of him. He held his finger out, the cat licked it, and retreated to snuggle closer to him.

"Because I don't understand how anyone would want to hurt anybody. That's not me." He stated.

Riley changed her position to squat right in front of him, "Well, are you going to name it?" She inquired.

"I'll call her Ryley." Ryan asserted.
"I'm not a cat." She said.
"It's our names together, Ry- and -ley." Ryan stated.
"Such a dork." She commented. She gently sighed, "You better get home before your parents start worrying about you. Leave the cat, they won't let you keep her, not even if you asked. Come on."

Ryan struggled to stand up because of his aches from getting kicked to brutally. Riley and Ryan walked out the alley together. Riley punched Ryan in the shoulder, he hissed in pain and held onto his arm complaining that he was sore.

"I'll beat up those kids later." Riley asserted.

Ryan chuckled, "I don't doubt it. I'll help you with your homework later if you come by."

Everyday, Ryan came back to the alley to see Ryley. Riley almost always accompanied him. He fed her everyday without fail. One day when it rained he saw how wet Ryley got and it aspired him to build her a little home.

The roof was a rectangular cut piece of wood. It was attached to the wall and held up by two small wooden beams. At the sides were wooden planks that served as walls. Ryan as got her a bowl and a blanket to lay on. Ryley absolutely adored her new home, Ryan, and Riley.

|||

At the age of eleven, Ryan finished with school and went on to study to be a lawyer. Ryan had always been a genius, comprehending and evaluating  concepts very easily. Meanwhile, Riley, not the brightest of them all when it came to book smarts, decided she would live the rest of her life just riding on her parents' inheritance. She wasn't the type to do anything if she didn't feel the need to.

Ryan finished packing all his things to live in further in the Capital with his mentor until he finished law studies. Before departing, Ryan picked up Ryley, he had written to mentor that he had a pet cat he didn't want to leave behind. His mentor agreed that he could bring his pet along with him before he exited the alley Riley stood in front odd him.