𝟘𝟟 • 𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕥 ℂ𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖

Your POV

That's was such a blunt question: Why don't you talk? Answering would be simple if I could say why. Shrugging my shoulders wouldn't work, I knew that much with others maybe but with Captain, there was a zero percent chance of that. That seems to be my only option. I started to think about how my comrades would see me, people when with disabilities were seen as inferior, as someone who is noble with a disability doesn't sit well. "Others others will see you as less than them."

I simply shrugged my shoulders, "That's not going to cut it." He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes. "Now, can I get the truth? Even your reports say you've never spoken, not even during the entrance exam." There was a pause of dead uncomfortable silence, never once did he break eye contact. Honestly, I was too stubborn to admit anything. His eyes traveled down, he read the print on my locket.

Eren POV

Captain Levi called (F/n) over, now that I was partnerless. I might as well listen to what they're talking about. (F/n) approached him, "I have one question for you. Why don't you talk?" If I thought about it I have never actually heard her speak before, and I've known her for 3-4 years.

Your POV

"You can't speak? You are mute... May I?" He gingerly took a hold of my locket and examined it. When he opened it up his eyes softened at the picture of younger me and my parents. His eyes only softened for a second, then they went to his usual emotionless started. I started hearing multiple people mumbling in the background. This is exactly what I feared. He looked around, noticing that we were the center of attention.

"I guess, we have a lost cause, someone's lost for words," He said stoically to me. He was going to figure it out sooner or later but was he being so mean about it. Someone's lost for words, someone's... lost... for... Mom, Dad. It was also the same thing Ryan said the first time he—

I felt a warm substance rolled down my cheek, I realized I was crying I wanted to stop but I couldn't.

No matter how much I tried to push my emotions towards my parents away it would always come back. I remember their smile, their laughs, their hair, their eyes, and most importantly their voices. My mom had the sweetest, most angelic voice. My dad had a stern, yet calming voice. Their voices always soothed me.

Then Ryan, he took advantage of my lack of a voice. I always wondered what would have been like to actually talk to them.. talk to my parents, call for them when I needed them the most. Not having to draw letters in their hands or write it down or hope they'll understand what my eyes were saying.

I was so scared of people's reactions once they found out about me. What they'd do, what they'd think, what they'd say... everything.

Even if I had a voice what would it sound like? Would it be raspy, soft, angelic, stern, or bland? Why was I the unlucky soul? Some people have it worse and I know that, but why me? People would think a noble family of three, living in Wall Sina would be living happily. All that would change with my parents losing their lives while trying to save someone else's.

My mom and dad went to Shiganshina to help... to see what they could do. They were doctors, they were one of the best in the kingdom. They didn't need money, they weren't getting paid to save that boy. I guess it was 'being at the wrong place at the wrong time', situation. It was the same day Wall Maria had fallen and they were eaten by titans... they were taken away from me.