𝟛𝟡 • 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 ℝ𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕝

Long Chapter... sorry.

Disclaimer: These memories are not available to (F/n) yet... yet.

The wails of a baby filled the room. The newborn was taken away by the midwifes to be cleaned then wrapped in blankets.

A midwife came in with the baby in her hand to hand over to the queen. "It's a girl, Your Majesty." She informed the queen.

"No," the queen said while panting, now starting to cry, "It has to be a boy. There needs to be an heir to the throne. It can't be a girl." The queen spoke still feeling lots of pain. In addition to her agony, her voice was ridden in fear. The king's last wife before her was unable to give the king a first born son and he had both her and her daughter drowned. She would receive the same fate them.

The queen continued to grunt in pain.

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" The midwife asked.

"No!" She yelled. She clenched onto her sheets and grounded her teeth against one another.

"Your Majesty, there's another baby." The queen prepared herself for another birth as did the midwifes.

The twins were born a mere four minutes apart. The queen held her children in her arms... Princess Kahira Fritz and Prince Karl Fritz.

"Don't let the King in. There were complications from the birth." The queen asserted. They all bowed their heads at the order.

However, the queen's time with Kahira would be short. The queen knew what she must do to save herself.

"I'm sorry, Kahira. Maybe in another life we won't be separated." She kissed her daughter one last time. "Maria," the queen spoke to her personal maid, "When the moon, it's highest peak. Kill her. No one must see you." The queen ordered.

The queen finally slept in exhaustion from the birth of her twins. At midnight, as ordered, Maria walked to the bed containing the twins. Kahira and Karl slept peacefully, the newborn twin babies were holding onto each other hands as they slept next to each other.

Maria carefully picked up Kahira, separating her from her brother. They both cried at the separation. The sound woke the queen and she took Karl to shush him.

"Hurry," the queen said to Maria.

Maria quickly ran through the palace, taking alternate routes to avoid being seen. She took the baby girl ways away from the palace. She took out her blade and looked down at the sleeping baby in her. She placed the baby on the ground and lifted her knife up ready to strike down. She thrusted her knife down.

An overwhelming feeling of dread and grief fell upon her. Killing this innocent child was never going to weigh easy on her conscience, even if it was a direct order from the queen. Her blade stopped before being able to completely puncture the child's heart but still left a large gash across the child's chest.

Maria gingerly tended to the baby and thought of an alternative option.

Maria set the baby in a river. If fate wanted the child dead, it would have its way. If fate wanted the child alive, it would have its way. Fate must have its way without any interference. Next to the baby, Maria placed her leather satchel that containing a letter with the baby's name and birthday.

Maria gave her the new last name of (L/n), Kahira (L/n).

| | |

"Is it done?" The queen asked.
"Yes, Your Majesty." Maria responded.

•••
19 Years Later