𝟘𝟙• ℙ𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕥

WARNING
This story contains and mentions lot of sensitive topics such as: anxiety, depression, other mental illnesses, suicidal thoughts and behavior, suicide, violence, and sexual abuse.

There are also mature themes such as: strong language, sexuality, and ideologically sensitive topics.

If any of the topics above are triggers, please think twice before proceeding. From this point on you are reading at your own will.

KEEP IN MIND
In addition, this book does not romanticize any type of abuse or makes excuses for them because love does not fix people. It is centered around character relationships. There will be dorky moments and some romantic moments. However, if you like stories that are just fluff, I'd advise you to reconsider.

SIDE NOTE
| | | = Time Skip
Italics = Thoughts/Flashbacks.

Trigger warning: Sexual Trauma is included in this chapter.

Your POV

"(F/n), come downstairs." My mom called from downstairs. I set aside my book and walked down to meet her. "We have a guest coming over tonight, the Greene's are coming over, can you give me a hand in the kitchen?"

While we were cooking, mom kept things entertaining. She would tell me stories of when she was young and wild, most of which I could have lived my whole life not knowing this information. Teasing and embarrassing me was easily her favorite hobby along with singing and telling jokes.

The sound of the front door opening was audible from the kitchen. "What smells so good?" Dad asked. He made his way to the kitchen.

"Not you." My mom responded. He had just come back from performing a surgery, even if he had already washed up, he smelled horrible. "Go upstairs and wash up." Mom scrunched her nose up in disgust. Dad's response to this was wrapping his arms around Mom's waist and lifting her up. Mom screech. "You smell like a wet horse. Get away from me you, cow!"

"I'm not a cow." Dad rebutted.

"Sorry, let me speaking in a language you will understand..." Mom cleared her throat, "Moo."

I silently laughed at my parents, they were just kids in adults bodies. I shook my head at the thought.

"I think (F/n) wants in on the party," Dad stated. I glared immediately he said that sentence. He snatched my hand and wrapped his arms around both my mother and I. I sensed his wide smile. "Aw, look at my girls. How did I get so lucky?" He said in awe.

"Yeah, yeah." Mother brushed off his comment. "(F/n), dear, go upstairs and change into something nice. Cow, go take a shower."

I went up to my room and found a dress I could wear. For someone growing up in Sina, I, personally, didn't own that much. I had dresses and jewels here and there, but not many. It's mostly due to the fact that I've never been to a market or actually stepped outside the house before. I wasn't allowed to, my parents specifically ordered me not to.

Of course, I wasn't stupid. It's because of my muteness, possibly there were other factors, but I knew for sure they were trying to hide that from the world. They succeeded. I've always been looking out through a window. I've never met any of the people my age. I just sat and watched them my whole life. It's always been Mom, Dad, the house, and I. Which has led me to wonder how big the world truly is out there? How many people are really out there?