𝟘𝟛 • 𝔹𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕋𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕥

Your POV

People had come to watch the Scouts ride out from Trost. The word that the 104th Training Corps graduation had spread around the walls and it, of course, reached Ryan in Sina. Speaking of Sina my tripped was futile, I found absolutely nothing.

I was standing next to Annie when Ryan had appeared. I should've known that he'd find me. I was spun around and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He whispered in my ear so only I could hear, "You know it's not nice to leave without warning. Not only that but request to break off the engagement."

Annie stood there glaring at him the whole time. Ryan introduced himself with a bright smile as my fiancé and Annie introduced herself as my friend, but her glare never once left her face. Ryan kept an arm wrapped around my waist. I didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone so I put an arm around him to, just let the image of us being a happy couple stand. It was the same reason I never took his ring off.

I didn't want to be touching him and I didn't want him touching me either. I wanted someone to help... but everyone else didn't know, everyone thought everything was fine. But it wasn't.

When Annie was about to speak up, I shook my head telling her not to. I didn't want to anger Ryan anymore then he probably already was from me leaving. He could blackmail me about my muteness and I didn't need that.

Ryan attracted the attention of my other friends. They all gather around us. "So this is the famous Ryan Greene," Jean said, glaring at Ryan. I had forgotten about Jean's crush on me.

They all introduced themselves to him. "Not even a small smile? (F/n), you've definitely changed over the last few years." Ryan commented.

"I like this (F/n) more," Eren said. "She's a lot more driven. And stronger than the one I met two years ago. I know I'll have a friend in my corner when we join the Scouts together."

I playfully punched Eren. He was like a little brother to me, there was just a weird connection between us especially since we both cried when seeing each other.

"You're thinking about joining the Scouts?" Ryan asked. I nodded.

"I can borrow (F/n) for just a second," Ryan asked, before leading me away from my friends.

"You're trying to get yourself killed, I hope you know that." He voice deepened when we were alone. "This little plan of yours is not going to work." I glared at him. He forcefully grabbed my face and made me look him in the eye. "When did you start doing that? Stop being difficult, you're nothing more than that helpless girl three years ago. Do you need a reminder that you belong to me?... Look at you, you look terrified out of your mind right now. Where's that glare of yours now?" He let go of me and I shoved myself away from him.

Everything in me wanting to cry, but I couldn't give him that satisfaction.

My assignment calls. I tried to walk away from Ryan, he pulled me in and placed a kiss on my lips, which I responded with nothing... I did absolutely nothing. I just let him kiss me. He pulled away from me. "Now I hope you have fun playing soldier for now because as soon as you get back to Sina the wedding will take place. All the arrangements have already been made, in fact, I'll invite all your friends too, except for that Annie chick, I don't like her." He held my hand and kissed my knuckles. "Until then." His stare pierced through my soul and my hand started shaking in response to his touch.