𝟚𝟚 • ℙ𝕠𝕤𝕥-𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Your POV

I shot up. I immediately regretted the decision. My side hurt like a bitch. I scanned the room and it wasn't familiar in any way, shape, or form. I kicked my legs over the edge of the bed and slowly walked toward the mirror in the corner of the room.

There was a gash on my side, close to my hip that had been stitched up. I closely examined it. I realized I wasn't in my own clothes either. My uniform, straps, boots, and gear was in a corner. I put them on, while I was dressing I started thinking of what happened yesterday.

The last thing I remember was being in a titans mouth.

My head started to hurtled from trying to remember. I let it go.

I walked out of the room, the girl from the day in Trost sat in the playing with her dog. "You're awake!" She cheered. "Mama, she woke up!" Her mother entered the room.

"Good, are you okay?" The girl's mother asked. I simply nodded. The girl tugged on my cape. "Miss, what's your name?" The little girl asked me.

I motioned, asking for paper and something to write with. I wrote down my first and last name.

"Her name is (F/n), sweetie." Her mother said. "You can't speak?" The girl asked me. I shook my head. Her eyes gleamed, "Mom! (F/n), just keeps getting cooler and cooler! Ms. (F/n) when I'm older I want to be just like you! I want to be able to protect my home like you did that day." She said with such passion. She saluted me.

I got down on my one knee and saluted her as well. "Kylie, please set up the table." Her mother told her. She ran off. I stood back up.

"(F/n) it's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Kylie's mother, but you can simply call me Nicole." She looked over to Kylie who was setting the table every so often she would make a clicking sound with her mouth.

Nicole spoke, "Ever since she was young she's dreamed of being a Scout, just like her father. He's no longer with us anymore, but that just made her ambition grow. That day when you saved us, she wouldn't stop talking about you or joining. As her mother, I don't want her to leave, I feel like she's just going on a suicide mission if she does go... Kylie is blind, has been since birth. The clicking sound she makes with her mouth somehow allows her to know where everything is. I thought her blindness would stop her from leaving but I know there's no way of stopping her now knowing that someone like her is succeeding in the Scouts. The only thing I ask of you is to please protect my baby once she leaves home. She's the only family I have left."

I gave her my word to protect Kylie. Nicole gently smiled at me, "You must be tired you were in really bad shape when we found you."

|||

As I rode back to HQ, the terrain looked similar to the expedition. My head slowly started to remind me of what happened.

~*Flashback*~

I shot a red flare when a Titans appeared. I got ready to take it out. When the Titan was enclosing on me it stomped on the extra horse, I was able to jump off a few seconds before the Titan could do much damage, the other horse, however, was gone.

I killed the Titan with ease. I looked up at the sky. Red... Black... lots of them, they already know. What the hell is going on? I got Mirabel out of her bondage. I kept going on my mission. As I rode forward I saw another horse running toward me with no one riding it. What?