𝟙𝟞 • 𝕌𝕟𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟

Your POV

Ryan was coming today. Levi said that I should trust him and I did, I didn't have a reason not to. After my morning routine, I sat in my room. I wouldn't risk going out there by myself, especially when Ryan was supposed to show up at any moment. I'll just go out when it was time for training.

There was a knock on my door, I wasn't expecting anyone. I made my way to the door and opened it. Petra stood there smiling at me with a tray in her hand. "Good morning, (F/n)." She said gleefully. It was a big change from her attitude yesterday. "Captain told me to bring you breakfast he said you could barely walk on your ankle. How's it feeling?"

I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up.

"That's good." I took a seat and she placed the tray down. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something. There's not a lot of women in the military and we're going to be the only two females on Levi's squad... I don't want there to be any bad blood especially since I consider you a very close friend."

I waited for Petra to say what she really wanted instead of beating around the bush. Petra continued, "I felt bad and wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I re-evaluated myself and I also had a talk with the Captain. I understand that I cannot control other people's feelings and that the only person I can control is myself. Envy is not a place in a soldier's heart, it's a pure distraction. I hope you can forgive me."

I nodded.

"I want to ask you something... you and the Captain, what's your situation with him? I just I don't believe you guys are simply friends. No one looks at a friend the way Captain looks at you. But, of course, you don't have to share if you don't want to."

I wrote on a sheet of paper. I answered her question with "It's complicated."

"Complicated? How so?" Petra asked. "Do you like the Captain? Do you not love your fiancé?"

"Petra, it's a really complicated situation. I don't really know how else to explain it." I wrote.

"I understand. It may be complicated on your end but on Captain's end it's plain and simple, he really cares about you. If the note he left for you has anything to say about it." Note? My eyes traveled to the sheet of paper folded on the tray. "He loves you," Petra said, "Even if he hasn't admitted it. So if you ever get your situation figured out and chose to romantically pursue the Captain, I am one hundred percent behind you." She embraced me and I hugged her back and smiled.

"Bye, (F/n). I'll see you later." Petra waved off and closed the door behind her. I looked at the meal in front of me and took hold of the note. I unfolded it and read it as I ate.

Being completely honest, it was strange not having you there last night. I did actually sleep all eight hours though. I thought that'll be something you would want to know. Anyways, trust me I'll get you through today. I'm actually going to miss not being able to have you around. Be safe and take care.

I gently smiled at the note. It was short, but I wondered how long it took him to put his thoughts for this. He's trying, I know he is.

There was another knock on my door, I opened it. Hanji stood there smiling. "You're mine today. Saddle up, we're in the forest today."

|||
Levi POV

The cadets were taking five. Ryan decided to approach me. "Levi, long time no see." Ryan said. I simply glared at him. "(F/n) isn't at training. Do you know where she is?"