𝟛𝟙 • 𝕋𝕙𝕖 (𝕃/𝕟) ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖

Third Person

She was undoubtedly the prettiest girl who ever walked the streets in Sina... Niala. She grew up as a poor orphan in a small town in Wall Maria, she didn't belong to a single family, she belonged to multiple. She didn't have a last name.

She was raised by her community instead of just a set of parents. Niala was a prodigy, extremely smart which her high intuition complemented. They believed in her, they believed she would go on to do great things so much so they raised enough money to send her to school in Sina.

Here she was. With her beautiful long, messy (h/c) she always kept in a ponytail yet the strands always found their way out, her big, round (e/c) eyes, her plump lips and defined jaw.

She wasn't like many people here, she owned little and was somewhat modest. She only had a total of two complete sets of clothes. She usually wore a very light pink button up shirt, which turned pink when the twins back home put Betsy's red skirt in the water when Niala was doing laundry. She paired her shirt with a brown skirt. Her clothing never failed to show off her assets. She was never seen with her diary or satchel with her.

Despite being most guys eye candy, she was more focused on wanting to succeed, give back to the community that raised her. She hoped for more than just being married to solve her problems.

James Hannen was about seven years older than Niala who was 19 at the time. He took a quick liking to her, he wasn't the only one guilty of it. Him and many men older than him took a liking to Niala. Niala, however, didn't want nor need their attention.

James Hannen watched as Niala walked the streets of Sina. He sighed softly to himself. She was holding her diary, her satchel and many books and poster in her arms.

A group of girls bumped into her, sending all her items falling to the floor. The girls giggled mischievously at their action. Niala's presence in Sina had attracted a lot of attention from men and women, positive and negative alike. Most attention leaned more towards the negative side. James went up to help her.

"I'm fine, I really don't need your help." Niala said. She picked up all her items and went on her way. James chased after her. "What do you want?" Niala asked.

"I just wanted to help. It must be hard transitioning for Maria to Sina." James replied.

"The only thing hard about it. Is dealing with stuck up people?" Niala replied.

"Well, I'm not stuck up and I'm just a person... My name is James, James Hannes."

"Niala." She replied.

"Niala..." James asked.

"Just Niala." She stated. "Here if you want to help me, can you please carry this?" Niala handed James her satchel. He took it thinking it would be lighter than it actually was. He almost dropped the bag at the weight.

"And you carry this thing everywhere?" James asked.

"I've carried heavier things on the farm back in Maria." Niala replied.

•••

Niala smiled in joy down at her letter. She was accepted to work as an apprentice to Dr. Walker. She was writing a letter to her home town about the good news.

Once she finished the letter, her mouth curved down into a frown. She missed everything about home. Her community was her family, the animals were her friends. She wasn't surrounded by much, but at least she had lots of love.

But here in Sina, she was the loneliest she could be. She didn't own much compared to her classmates, everyday she came home to her empty apartment. She slept on blankets on the floor. The only furniture was her desk and her desk chair. Her only kind of friend here was James and even then she knew he was only really interested in her looks unless he proved otherwise.