01

"True evil is, above all things, seductive

"True evil is, above all things, seductive."

I couldn't help but poke my head slightly above the surface, only the top most of my face being caressed by the salty air.

My eyes sat, trained on the small wooden boat about thirty feet away from me. The singular man in the boat had his back facing me.

He worked swiftly, moving things around as to clear enough room for him to sail back to shore.

Unfortunately for him he'd never make it back.

I felt a cold grip wrap around my arm, my gaze snapped into dull blue eyes, "Are you ready?" The corners of my mouth lifted to form a smile, Nixie turned to look at the sailor, "If you can get him, that means you're officially done being trained." She winked before dipping her head beneath the deep blue water, only further clouded by the dark sky.

I retreated under the water as well, and let my eyes adjust to the deep sea beneath me. Meeting Nixie's eyes I gave a slight nod before we both started singing.

I felt our voices join together, and followed our tune to the surface where it hunted the sailor down.

The tune curled around him enticingly, and I felt his thoughts melt away until the only thing occupying his thoughts was Nixie and me.

Nixie met me and we poked our heads up simultaneously, making the sailor's drained eyes find us.

I looked over to Nixie, and at the slight dip of her head, I started swimming closer to the sailor until I was an arms length away.

He gripped the side of the boat until it groaned in protest, his eyes never leaving mine.

I reached my arm out to grip the side of the boat, and pulled myself closer to him. I gently lifted myself above the water until my entire torso was being held up by only my arms, making the small boat tip precariously.

I released the boat making myself fall mostly back into the water before reaching up to the entranced sailor and wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

I finished my song leaving only Nixie singing alone before I brought the sailor down, connecting his lips with mine.

In a split second, I unlocked my hand from around his neck, bringing them to his arms before tugging him into the water with me.

He didn't even struggle as I flipped him down, able to push him further down into the murky depths, until I finally pulled away from his mouth.

Without Nixie or my tune to entrance him, he quickly realised what happened and started to struggle as I pushed him down by his shoulders.

I responded by opening my mouth and watching my music tranquilize him before we finally met the sea bottom.

At the predestined setup, I watched the life fly away from him as his eyes glazed over, and his final gasps of air made their way up and out of the water.

I chained his hands before closing his eyes.

"Well done, Astrid." Nixie's gentle voice called from behind me.

A grin lit up my face as the sailor sunk further down.

°°°

Quick A/N: Here is the Spotify link for the playlist I listened to while writing this if you want to listen to it while reading:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DL4bcPkwE6KCemzcgJS2N?si=JWNgoL8KTeCr3P0C-IWP7w&utm_source=copy-link