26

"Some of the best moments in life are the one's you can't tell anyone about

"Some of the best moments in life are the one's you can't tell anyone about."

I lay in the bath, just soaking in the water.

Hera had been kind enough to grab me a tub and run in buckets of water to fill it with, just so I could have some alone time to just sit, and think.

The wall was my main spot of scrutiny as I remembered kissing Caspian.

Why the hell did I kiss Caspian.

I want him to fear me, slightly, so that when the time comes I can kill him. Kill him. That seems a little extreme...

I bit the back of my nail. It would be a shame to kill Caspian, he's truly a wonderful guy. He'll manage a great kingdom.

I could justify keeping him alive for that.

I stood in the bath and stepped out, "Hera!" I called out, "I'm done!"

Hera helped me dry and dress for bed.

When she left the room, it was dark. I crawled into the bed, curling up onto my side like I normally did. I closed my eyes and thought of fish swimming through a reef.

I counted them.

one, two, three, four...thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, fourty...sixty-three, sixty-four, sixty-five, sixty-six...ninety-one, ninety-two, ninety-three, ninety-four...one-hundred and fourty-five, one-hundred and fourty-six, one-hundred and fourty-seven, one-hundred and fourty-eight...

I got to two hundred before I sat up in frustration. "Why can't I sleep?" I whispered into the air.

I pushed the blankets off of my legs and walked out onto the balcony where the moon shone through the window.

My thoughts picked up to the beach. I kissed Caspian. "So what? I kiss lots of guys." I started pacing and whispering to myself.

"It's not like it meant anything. I was proving Caspian wrong, I would and could easily hurt him."

Even saying it aloud felt like a lie, "I could kill anyone and feel no remorse." Also a lie.

I felt like the wooden doll one of my victims was obsessed with, Pinocchio. Every time he lied his nose grew.

I felt like my nose was growing too, and I could just tell when I was lying. Even if I hadn't known before that it was a lie.

"I don't have feelings for Caspian." I felt like a wave had just crashed over me, but I couldn't tell if it was a lie or not.

Probably for the best. I avoided thinking about it.

I paced around my room for at least a half an hour before I tried to lay back down.

That night, I felt like something changed.

Something small, something I didn't understand.

But I couldn't fix it.