Chapter 10- Falling really hard

"We've been investigating this one for almost a week and we can't seem to figure out who the culprit is. All the evidences that we found led to nothing." Agent Jon said seriously. We were in his office. Just the two of us. I sat opposite to him.

"Is it that hard to track him? Can you get into detail with this?"

"Actually, yes." He answers as he takes out a file from his shelves.

"We have known that he called Simon and demanded for money. Simon thought that it was some kind of a joke. He ignored it. After a few days of the call, someone from their security crew was missing and came back so beat that you almost can't recognize him. Not only the dead body was brought back but also, a message." He handed me a piece of paper put in a sandwich bag with some blood stains on it.

Cowell, we're coming for the boys next if you don't give me what I want.

My eyes widened at this letter. They are really taking it seriously, they even kidnapped and killed one of the crew to show it. I got to solve this crime and quick before anything bad happens.

"And I forgot to tell you, they keep sending those letters to Simon... until now." What?! Until now!?

"Do you even have any idea who he is, or anything that he left behind that reveals their identity?" I asked.

"We can't trace anything with it. Not even a fingerprints or any DNA sample of the killer and even the call from last week." I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration.

No one here in our agency can't trace a phone call. That's one of the basics. This is impossible. We don't even have one information about this guy. How are we supposed to catch this man?!

"What you're trying to say is that you can't find any information and you expect me to solve it by myself?" I said annoyingly. This is not happening.

"Ofcourse not! We'll help you with this case. You really have a big part in solving this crime. You are the one who is protecting them and in a while, that guy and his gang will probably make their move on those boys and you hopefully catch them."

"It isn't that easy, you know. And I thought they wanted money. Why didn't he contact us for it anymore? What's the use of his threat to Simon and especially to the boys?!" I raised my voice, getting irritated by the minute.

Whoever is responsible for this is a smart one. He's prepared.

"I honestly don't know. But we're sure he's going to do it. He's probably done it because he wants it to be unexpected. So, you have to be conscious and guard them. Protect them with your life." He said sternly and I nodded.

We continued to talk about it, but not too long. I gotta get back to the boys to do my job.

Liam's POV

Something is up with Harry. After Trisha left and even when she was here he was having his own zoning out time, if you know what I mean.

But I seem to notice something new with him too. Ever since we met her, he looks happier. Just the mere mention of her name puts him in a much better mood. He looks at her like she's the one. Which he really does, what happened this morning just proved it.

Those two were a blushing mess.

~~~

I do have a soft spot for child movies. I'm even watching one right now. I think they didn't like my choice but it's my turn to choose today. So, they didn't have a choice.

I checked on them behind me and I just realized how close I am to the screen so, I back out a little. The three other lads were already sleeping, Niall even has some crisps on his mouth and Harry was just staring blankly at the screen.