1.

Song: Sweet melody - Little Mix

........................................

Hailey

I made my way down the dark streets of Providence, walking fast as my heart pounded harshly and the paper was heavy in my hand. Too heavy for the simple notification it was, but it felt like tones clenching my heart.

Don't cry.

Not now.

The city was getting darker, replacing the daylight by the artificial ones and people in the streets were the busy workers coming back from a long day of work. Like me. Until I found it in my mailbox and decided that my aparment wasn't the right place to go right now.

I fastened my pace, buzzing with an unknown emotion I could barely contain...

Well, no. It wasn't an unknown emotion.

I was mad.

And hurt, anxious, sad and frustrated. And the mix is what I was unable to deal with.

It was eating me from inside and I had to blink my tears when I reached the tall building by the Waterplace Park.

I didn't need to ring as I arrived at the same time a man was exiting and he held it open for me, but I couldn't even manage a smile for him, only a grimace as I bolt to the lift and up to the penthouse.

Kimberly opened with a surprised look and her arms full of clothes. "Have we made plans? Sorry Gracie, but Lavender called last moment and I was heading..." but her voice faltered when she took in a better look of me. "This might sound stupid, but are you okay?"

"No." I pushed my way into her apartment and she closed the door behind me.

Her penthouse was amazing, big for a single apartment, but considering Riley sleeps here most nights and they had adapted the study to be the baby room it wasn't so presumptuous. Large and open with all those windows and the view to the park. Also, she had it decorated perfectly modern and classy, so it showed off her natural glamour.

She moved here right after giving birth last year and she also had rented a more reasonable condo a couple floors below to be her study. And considering her work looks and what she said, that was probably where she was heading. Lavender Scott was one of her most picky clients, high society, and also one of her first ever since she starts the self-taught styling career and that's why Kimmy still put up with her.

I spun when I was in the open living room, before the loft kitchen and L shaped red couch, as she let the cloths over the back of it.

"Look." I waved the paper, feeling the anxiety and hurt overflowing now in the safety of these four walls and under her confused stare. "They- I can't... They can't do this!"