11.

Song: It must have been love - Roxette (Ramona Rox Cover)

........................................

Hailey

To actually play Never had I ever felt too childish and invasive. Or so was the excuse Nate gave -at least the first part. And like that he'd save me from making an excuse myself because to me it would have feel invasive. One thing was to allow this, other was to want to play besties with my ex and his friend I only knew him for some hours.

So we just chat and drink. I get to know more of Kyle's outright and extroverted personality as he took the lead and made the air chill as Nate -to my surprise- leaned back and let him.

Nate, who stole everyone's attention just by existing, was resting back and allowing Kyle and I to do the talk and acted chill as ever. Joking here and there and contributing, but keeping to himself as we eat and he took a few plastic cups from the kitchen to prepare us a round of rum and coke with the drinks Kyle had brought with our dinner.

That with the beers was more than I initially intent of drinking -which was nothing. But it eased my nerves and made me feel just more carefree and sucked in by the scene. It would feel nice to chill for once. Wouldn't it? But it was hard with this electricity in the air that curled my toes and keep me bordering the edge. 

Was this buzzing tension because of the whole situation or because of what happened? I blushed just thinking about it, so I really tried not to.

At some point of the night I was struck by the question: "Are you naturally blond?"

I looked at Kyle over the almost empty second pizza box, startled; but he was surprisingly calm. Didn't look like he was joking either but really curious.

Naturally blond? "Uh, no."

"Oh." he took another slice of pizza and bit on it casually.

I took the moment to watch behind his back, where Nate was in the open kitchen grabbing more beers and typing in his phone.

Was he texting this Alissa? I couldn't help the bitter feeling remembering her name in his phone earlier that afternoon. Was that his girlfriend? Why did I even care?

I don't, but he literally almost kissed me an hour ago.

I could feel my face heating and my stomach twitched against my better judgment.

He almost kissed me, right? Or was that just my brain being hyperactive?

His eyes had dropped to my lips, his head had angled and there had been this smoldering expression that for a second made me doubt everything. But this was Nate, no matter how regret full or sweet his apology was, he did hurt me. Bad. It was one thing to try and push past this since we were both new people now, but to go and let him kiss me? Fool me again?