26.

Song: Oath - Cher Lloyd ft Becky G

........................................

Hailey

Friday dragged out in a slow pace, as if weekend couldn't arrive fast enough. Which only made my anticipation for it grew. I spent last night tidying the flat and preparing my bag. Shane had been thrilled about the idea of having the place for himself, so much he even agreed to postpon the Nate-conversation for now. Hopefully, he would forget about it all together.

Yet my heart picked up every time my phone beeped with his texts and I didn't know if I want him to keep them coming or to stop them altogether.

I wasn't in the mood to justify our relationship when I was having so many doubts of my own.

Yesterday's discussion had only enlightened me about the right path: this was only to get rid of the physical urge whenever I saw him. It was as if Fate had played her cards so I remember Nate should be kept at arm's length.

He's hurt me, played me, guilt tripped me over the whole Kimberly thing and then cheated on me wiht his exgirlfriend before dumping me on my front porch, telling me that he didn't ask me to love him so much.

The first heartbreak had been all on me, and he was so sure of it he didn't even know where his wrong was. If he couldn't even justify a cheating -years ago or not- that was a reason loud enough to collect my cards and shuffle the deck again, playing smart now.

What we had was fun, was pleasant, but it was what it was. No feelings involved if I wasn't looking for a part two of our messed up story.

When the time was over in the publishing, I almost jumped out of my chair, saving all the improvements and more than ready to leave. I have about an hour to go home, shower and be ready for when they come pick me up.

I couldn't wait for Boston.

Stella eyed me from her desk, closing her own laptop and getting up as well, but in a more elegant, calmed pace. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

I halted for a moment, glancing at her carefully and wondering what the hell she was talking about. I smiled. "Have a happy weekend?"

Stella rolled her eyes. "The column. Haven't you read the email?"

The email? "No..."

She rolled her eyes, but somehow that looked more amused than annoyed.

"Leroy wants us to dig into the Richard Oswel cheating scandal. Fresh news. Your call, actually. He wants a column put together before tomorrow night."

My jaw fell a little. "B-but I have plans."

"And what makes you think I don't?" her eyes narrowed slightly and I shrugged. I hated when this happened, the rushing over fresh news, but I guess that comes with the pack of writting gossip tabloid. "Look, I'm not gonna do it on my own, you have all the information already. We should get it done today and out the way by tomorrow's lunch. It can't be that hard."