8.

Song: good 4 u- Olivia Rodrigo

........................................

Nate

The moment I stepped into the flat I was greeted by Spoty's mewling and coming to rub against my legs. I couldn't stop a smile. "Hey buddy." I set the empty paper boxes by the couch with my still undone second suitcase and pick up the cat, caressing its long white fur and it purred with the attention. "I've missed you."

"Aw. Aren't you guys adorable?" Kyle got in after me; closing the door with his foot as he too dropped the boxes, making them fall sideways and ignored my glare. "Hey there." he reached out to scrap him behind his ears and Spoty tilted his head, eager for more attention. He was such an attention seeker.

"How had he been?" I wondered, moving to sit on the couch tiredly and the cat wrestled from my arms to settle on my lap face up so I could pet his stomach. Home, sweet home. "He played it nice?"

"He'd been a sweetheart." Kyle slouched on the couch too, closing his eyes and stretching his arms behind his head. "You're running out of tins of his food, tho." his nose scrunched. "By the way, what  are those? They smell weird."

I rolled my eyes. "They're cat food, Ky. What do you expect that to smell like?"

"I don't know... Have you ever tasted them?"

"Have you?"

"Can't say I have," he shrugged. "But a guy gets curious."

I chuckled, resting my head back against the pillows as well. "You're disgusting."

"Whatever. As if you've never thought it as well."

Kyle had always been kinda blunt. With little to no regards as to what people usually consider acceptable or appropriate. We met in New York on my Sophomore Year when we both were paired on the dorm.

I hated him at first -he was all too easy going and always up for anything, and competitive like hell; but the feeling was mutual. We kept having run-ins and disagreements that affected the field and so our coach forced us to take a few punishments together. At some point I started not-disliking him, bonding over parties and suddenly instead of hating him I was comfortable with his presence around. He was chill and fun and hear me out when I stressed -which I did a lot, and even if I don't speak about it he noticed and was there for my downs.

So here we were now. He was one of the few things I would actually miss from New York, but he'd said he'll come visit soon.

"So," he hummed resting comfortably back with his eyes still closed. "You were saying?"

"When?"

"Before fur ball here interrupted us."

I chuckled, rubbing Spoty's stomach and it purred harder. "Can't remember."