32.

Song: Only Girl (In The World) - Rihanna

........................................

Hailey

I pushed the cart down the grocery store aisle, glancing the different types of vegetables and making a mental list of everything I'd be needing. Swiss chard or green salad?

"Please don't take the carrots." complained Shane with a whine. He was trailing behind me like a lost soul, dragging his feet and with his shoulders slumped. He was almost pouting and his nose scrunched as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I hate carrots."

"You agreed to three healthy meals per week."

"I'm not against that. Just saying I don't want the carrots."

"You could cook as well, you know. Whatever you like."

He smiled. "I know how much you love to and would hate to spoil it for you. Just don't buy the carrots." I rolled my eyes and finally pick the swiss chard and some gnocchi, pushing the cart towards the next row. The snacks. Shane perked at it and reached to grab a bag of bacon flavoured chips. And then of cheese flavoured and smirked at my look. "I can't decide which one."

"So you're taking both?"

"Hey. You have your vegetables, I had my stuff." he shrugged letting one of the bags on the cart. Shane had opened the other and was munching away. "What other delicious healthy dish are you cooking us this week?"

I narrowed my gaze. "Maybe it will help if you help somehow."

"I do! Here. Tonight I'm making us dinner." he announced moving to the next corridor determined and I gingerly followed.

"Really? That's awfully nice of you. Weren't you allergic to- Oh." I laughed when I saw him placing one the cart a pack of pre-cooked noodles. Ones of those you added boiling water and wait. "I should have known."

"Stop complaining." he hummed scanning the next row. "I'm thinking about what's the best complement."

"For noodles?"

"What?"

I sighed, leaning my weight on my elbows on the cart handlers and smiled. "You don't need complements with this. Is kinda the whole pack. Five minutes away."

"You can't say I'm not efficient then." he smirked sliding a couple more chip bags on the cart too. "I go overboard."

"Clearly." I eyed the half filled basket. "Very healthy."

"I know, right?" I shook my head and pushed the cart after him as he moved. "And tomorrow you're cooking. What are we having? Lasagne?"

"How is it that I get to do all the long, hard cooking and you get away with noodles? How is that fair?"