37.

Song: Little do you know - Alex & Sierra

........................................

Nate

"So you're saying I can take anything I want from the fridge?" said Ginny into my ear through the phone line. "Even the beer?"

"No. I'm saying if you're thristy, you can take water. Or coke."

"Mhm." she hummed and I heard shuffling and the sound of a can opening.

I sighed. "You've taken a beer, haven't you?"

"No, what are you talking about?"

I sighed, seeing through her lie but not really having the means to do something. I guess one beer wasn't that big of a deal. So instead I wondered: "How is Spoty?"

When I first offered her to take care of Spoty, it was more an excuse so she could come to my place if she needed an out of hers, instead of breaking in. And also she could feed and keep company to the cat, he was way too needy to be alone for long, even if it was barely the weekend. So, despites all the reticence, I'd given her a copy of the keys and told her to drop by and take care of him.

"Cute and docile as ever. He's becoming lazy, isn't he?"

"He's always been. Is he eating alright?"

"Yeah, I think he misses you but I'm starting to get points. Soon enough he'll love me better."

"You wish."

"Yeah... then will I get to keep him?"

I scoffed, the nerved of the brat. "You wish." 

"Whatever. How is it going in boretown?"

"Not... boring."

"Yeah, but is it thrilling?" I bit my lip, thinking about how eventful this past couple days had been. "Thought so."

"You're such a smartass."

"And you're an ass. Period. But I'm not complaining."

"You know, you should be a lot nicer to me considering you're currently in my place."

"Probably. Beh, not my fault you trusted me with this cutie."

Yeah, I probably should have been smart about it but it wasn't like I got lots of options and Spoty already knew and likes Ginny. And she likes a bit too much to spend time in my apartment instead of hers.

"Nate?" I froze at my name being called and turned around, shocked to see a familiar girl standing not so far. Exiting the mall just as I stepped past the door's, dodging her on my way in.