3.

Song: Hellelujah - Avril Lavigne

........................................

Hailey

"I get it as in you're not talking about me, are you?" smirked Nate twitching my guts all the more.

And there he stood. Looking just like he looked five years ago, but more... mature? Tall, handsome, self assured... He had his dark brown hair cut shorter now and the lines in his face looked harder, but he was basically the same star quarterback that dumped me in senior year.

And I wasn't prepared to see him.

At all.

I had known of him a couple times since senior year, but never by choice and never direct contact. I still felt belittled and humiliated by the abrupt way things ended when I thought back at it and I hated this feeling.

But there was no way I was letting him know that. It's been five years for God's sake. So I swallowed the sudden insecurities and bad memories and tried to play it cool like he was.

"I didn't know you'd be here." As far as I now, he was still in New York where he'd been studying until his graduation last year or in Pensilvania with his uncles. But here? Providence wasn't where I'd imagine him even knowing him and Kimmy keep in touch.

I should have known this was bound to happen at some point.

"Neither did I." Nate shrugged one shoulder, his nonchalantly manners only clenching my insides further. How could he just stand there, acting as if there was no drama within us? He tilted his head, letting his eyes take me in and my skin crawled in that weird way it unleashed me. "Long time not seeing you."

"I guess."

West stretches his chubby arms my way, making those cute baby noises and I used that distraction to snap back to reality, reaching out for the little angel. Nate let me take him effortlessly and I was heading out the room just as Kimberly entered it to tell him something, unable to be in his presence anymore without having a physical reaction to this situation.

Instead, I let Westie's cries for attention captivate the largest part of my mind when I entered the TV room and sat on the huge velvet couch placing him on my lap. He'd grown so much now, and he was big for an almost one year old. And beautiful, with huge grey eyes and soft light flocks of hair on his hair that smell like baby shampoo.

West was clearly a lot like his father, whoever it was; at least for now. But he had the same birthmark as Kimberly: a light mark shaped like a half moon under his left shoulder blade. Maybe with time more things about her will come out, but right now I guess most of his features were of this unknown fling.