19.

Song: Arcade - Duncan Laurence ft FLETCHER

........................................

Hailey

Sunlights bled onto my skin through the window above the bed, waking me up in their warm bath. My eyes slowly opened, blinking lazily at the brightness and until they adjusted and I smoothed my fingertips over the soft cotton sheets. A quiet moan falling from my lips as I snuggled closer to the arm around me and the addictive source of warm behind me as the night before replays in my head.

Over and over and over again.

The way his callused hands felt on my skin. The feeling of his lips on the hollow of my neck and my chest and my stomach... Nate marked each inch of my skin, claiming it. I discovered in almost embarrassed awe that he was still able to take my every thought until I was putty in his hands.

My stomach churned at the awkward realization and I turned my head to take in Nate's sleeping body next to me. Just as bare as mine.

My stomach knots tightly as I try to sit up but his arm is heavily laying across my middle and he stirred when I tried. I laid there, paralyzed as I took in what I'd done. I slept with the one person I never thought I would be giving into again. A few sweet words, the right kind of tension and now looked where it got me: naked in bed with Nate.

Despites my constant reminders last night, now it's me the one overthinking it all. I'm not even that sure I want to be here when he gets up despites how good it feels to be the little spoon.

I have no idea what I'm going to say to him. All I can think about is our buzzing connection and his lips...

As I looked around, I realized it was way earlier than I ever got up on my own. On a weekend day, after a busy night. There must be a reason for my awaking other than the soft sunlight bathing us through his curtains.

And then I saw it, his phone on the nightstand right before my nose, with the screen slowly lighting off as the notification lies down.

It wasn't like I meant to look, my eyes wandered down when I heard the text arriving out of mere instinct and I couldn't help but notice both the new message and the previous flashing as unread.

ALISSA: Morning baby!

                 So, are we going to-

And I couldn't read anymore because since the screen was locked it only showed part of it and because after the first couple seconds and when no one unlocked it, the screen went black again. But it was enough already.

I'd seen Alissa's name in his contacts before and I wanted to kick myself because last night I never considered him having a girl back in New York. Or here. It just never occurred to me when he looked at me like that. And touched me like that. And when he-