6.

Song: Chandelier - Sia

........................................

Hailey

I was actually dead nervous about this date. I'd never dated someone I hadn't met in person before. Would he think I was pathetic? Unable to find someone so I resolved to online perks?

After a lot of hesitating, I finally settle for a backless body, cute on the front and more sexy on the back. That with a beautiful pleated skirt -from some of those high brands that offered Kimmy sponsorship. Her wardrobe was all full so she was a sweetheart and when they reached for her with gifts she lends some to me. That was the only way I could have access to high fashion, especially with purses and shoes.

 I finished the outfit with medium thick tights and black ankle boots. It was something between casual and alluring, it leaves it to the other person to say if I was one or the other. Or both. I decided to leave my hair down on its natural waves and so the backless was more subtle.

I was halfway through my makeup when Shane appeared on the doorstep of the bathroom. "Are you gonna take much longer?"

"Yes."

I saw him pouting from the corner of my eye, but instead of leaving he leaned against the frame and folded his arms. "Then try and make it quick."

I glared at him briefly, but he just sent me an innocent smile and I focused back on doing the eyeline. "What's the sudden rush? It's Friday. Aren't you usually gone by now?"

"That's the thing, I need to shower."

"Then let me work."

He huffed and disappeared, leaving me to it.

I was done with a few more minutes, finally satisfied with my look and sent Kimberly a picture for her approval. After a couple more days, I couldn't handle more the being pissed at her and she kept apologizing, so I'd just forgiven her set up. I felt like I was overdramatic after everything, and now we were back to our tracks.

She texted me back with her thumbs up and I breathed in.

It's just a date.

You'd have more of those.

The worst that could happen is that you don't click and there's a lot of those pregnant silences.

You got this.

I took my purse and my thin jacket and entered the hexagonal living room.

Our apartment had a weird distribution. For starters, we had no lobby, one of the walls was the one with the front door, and there was a side table where we keep the keys and stuff and you entered straight to this room. Then next to it was the kitchen, small but enough for us. Our rooms were on opposite walls of the hexagon so we each had our privacy and then there was the bathroom, with a bathtub -requisite of mine- and a window that lets the sunlight enter the flat for most hours of the day.