25.

Song: Bite me - Avril Lavigne

........................................

Nate

I was leaning against the hood of the car, enjoying the soft spring breeze now that yesterday's rains had cleaned the air.

Hailey had said to wait for her in the car, that she wouldn't take long, but I needed the wind touch to clear my mind and ground my feeling. Why had she been so adamant about it? I glanced around the pavement street. It was wide enough for two lanes and the walls were clean and well mantained. It couldn't be for safety reasons, my street was ten times worse. But then what?

My phone chimed attracting my attention back to it and Kyle's text stared back at me. We were organizing their coming here. Apparently, I convinced them to come here instead of me moving all the way to New York again. It felt like in the past month I've done that trip so many times I had it memorized. And, to be honest, if I could save up a little my pocket would be able to recover a bit. The moving in had spent most of what I've been saving in the past years. It was worth it, true, and I managed to afford the entrance of a flat of my own. One small, simple, but that I would fully pay in a few years and I was glad for my acquisition. But skip another trip would certainly help.

Also, focusing on planing this weekend helped getting my mind of the buzzing feeling I'd had since I woke up this morning.

I couldn't even tell if it was something good or bad. It was just... there. Nudging me. It started when I woke up cuddling Hailey. Which was fine. More than fine and surprisingly peaceful. But then she confused me again when she first acted jealous when Sophie called but then play around when I tried to push forward.

She felt the tension, I knew she did as well, but she cut it whenever it gets too intimate. And, I mean, she did set the rules of this agreement. Hailey wanted  the 'no strings attached' and I could only assume her keeping distance was what I should only expect from this. But then again, why couldn't I settle for that?

It was as if I forget to hold back when we were together, and sometimes it also felt like she felt the same. But then she withdrew and acted cool and detached and I knew I overstepped.

And it wasn't because Sophia call, she might have felt something when my cousin called -something she seemed to do often when she wakes up before my uncles and 'stole' Meli's phone. But no, Hailey couldn't be altered by that still. It had been almost hilarious the look on her face when she heard how young Sophie was and overpowered the initial jealousy or whatever that was.

It was something else. Something that got to do with the holding hands and talking about deeper things. That was what usually triggered her.

I shook my head, texting Kyle back an eager for this weekend already. I needed a throwback with my guys.