14.

Song:  Style - Taylor Swift

........................................

Hailey

Eli dragged me all the way to the girls restroom and Kimberly locked the door behind us. The music was muffled in here and I refrained from scrunching my nose at the sight of wet paper balls on the corner and ceiling and the poorly kempt, pooled floor. As much as I love the Karaoke, it didn't have the best cleaning services back here.

"You guys realized I'm right in the middle of a date, right?" I wondered half amused when they stood before me. Eli took out her russian red lipstick to fix herself and Kimberly stood there, folding her arms. Too serious. I gulped, suddenly worried. "Is everything okay?"

"Is it true?" narrowed her eyes Kimmy, confusing me further.

"Uh?"

"That Marco texted you." My stomach churned at his name. My phone suddenly heavy in my pocket. My lack of response was answer enough and answered her. "And you told Eli before me."

"Hey." the girl protested, hopping up to sit on the sink with her back against the mirror. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Kimmy barely gave her an annoyed look before turning her inquiring glared towards me, waiting for an answer.

I huffed, brushing my palms against the skirt of my dress. "I know what you would have told me."

"And what would that have been?"

"That I should be over it already." I rushed looking away as my cheeks burned. "Or to tell him to go to hell."

"Well, have you?"

"I haven't answered yet... I haven't even read it." It could be misplaced text, for all I knew.

"Why?"

Yeah, Hailey, why?

"I don't know..." I folded my arms as well. "I don't want to."

Kimberly scoffed, but Eli's eyes softened. "Hails, don't you think it would be better to just get over with it?"

"Over with what?" shook her head Kimmy. "Block him already and push him to the back of your mind. If you're not gonna take revenge on that wimp just ban him from your life."

"It's not that easy, okay?" I stuttered. Marco was a topic I wasn't comfortable nor prepared to face. In fact, if there was a chance I could just shove everything regarding him to a ship and sent it to the deepest pool of the ocean, I would. My mood was already dropping. "You seriously brought me here to talk about Marco? Ian is literally out there."