18.

Song: Close - Nick Jonas ft Tove Lo

........................................

Hailey

I've always been the romantic type. All into flowers, cheesy lines and mushiness. I always thought I would meet someone, fall in love and be with them forever and ever throughout all odds. Someone sweet and caring, who would support me on every project and be home to give me a thousand hugs and kisses, who would warm my cloudy days and to whom confide my every secret. Like in every Chick Lit that had helped setting such high expectations.

But then life knocked me out my childish daydreams.

There wasn't such a thing as Prince Charming, there wasn't a happily ever after because there was always an after. A point where a perfect, fulfilling relationship reached it's peak and what was once good, loving and enchanting turned boring, stressful and dull.

I'd had my heart broken more times than I would like to remember, always being turned down from insanely high expectations feed by my own deluded self.

After the last emotional crisis, when Marco dumped me for Meredith and I hit a breaking point, I tried swearing men out of my life. But that wasn't it either. I like men, and I like them liking me in a more physical level. It was the emotional trauma the one I was set on avoiding from now on. And my mind had been set like that ever since that humiliating Christmas a couple years ago. No romance, just the fulfilling of basic needs.

On that same line, kissing Nate would have been the last I think I would be doing if you've asked me this morning. It would have seemed a charade even a few hours ago, but now? I melted and bloated and shivered with the way his hand closed around my back to close me against his and his mouth moved over mine.

Probably the most shocking things was that I was returning his kiss. No hesitation. The moment his lips touched mine it was as if my body unfurled at his advances, anticipating it and letting his fire consume me, suffocate me.

Giddy, my palms slid up his neck so my thumbs brushed his jaw and felt his smirk as I tilted my head and let him take me to cloud nine.

I shouldn't, but I guess I didn't care.

I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but there was something about his attentions that was just so good. It made my skin buzzed and my chest sweat. The delight was intensified by this whatever that he had and my need for relief only strengthened.

It must be the long time since I'd last been with someone. Chris and I had this arrangement, but I realized now that I hadn't seen him in weeks -five now that I recall- for various reasons, and the app dates hadn't gone that well to supply the physical relief.