29.

Song: Die For You - The Weekend ft Ariana Grande

........................................

Nate

I was glad when Grayson had said he was up to see the game as well. Without him keeping me company, I would have feel kind of out of place in here. Luckily, he couldn't say no to free beers and football.

So here I was watching the game. I was watching the game...

Was I really watching the game?

"Hey." Jenna tilted her head from my other side. "You okay?"

She had the team colors on her cheeks and a shirt laced on her waist showing an attractive line of bare skin. I'd just met her and Claire, her pixie-cut brunette friend, shortly after the game started and right before Grayson got here. They had sited on the counter by my side and made conversation easily, but it felt hard to give them my full attention when my eyes keep drifting to the other end of the bar, where Hailey and Elon were also seeing the game.

I don't know why I was still here. To torture myself, probably. Likely...

"Yeah." I answered when Jenna tilted her head after I first failed to make sense of her words. "We're playing good, uh?"

Her smile faltered a bit. "We're losing."

"Right." To be honest, I couldn't care more about what was going on on the field. For one, my team wasn't playing, and two, there were far more disturbing things going on around to fully focus on the scoring happening over the screen. There shouldn't, but it felt stupid to tell myself what a wimp I was for being this aware of Hailey and Elon.

Gray nudged my side, making me frown at him. "Gonna finish that?" he pointed towards the chips before me. I'd been fiddling with the same one for ages, but it felt like they all taste like sand in my mouth.

"Eventually."

"Care to share?"

I shrugged and pushed them between us so he could take some as well.

"Can I?" Jenna laid her elbow on the bar's surface, reaching over to take one ship as well and playfully brought it her mouth with a smirk. "I hope you don't mind."

I shrugged again, barely able to focus on her question when I noticed Elon coming back to Hailey in their little booth with their drinks and the way she smiled as he sat beside her. Way too close.

And what the hell did you expect? They're on a date.

"So," wondered Jenna, forcing my mind to focus on the here and now as well. "Where are you from?"

"Here." Gray nodded. "Born and raised."

"Us too." she retorted, sharing a look with Claire. "We're literally from two doors down."