4.

Song: Me myself and I - 5 Seconds of Summer

........................................

Nate

The first thing I felt waking up was the weird shape of the mattress under me and was greeted by the empty walls of my new room.

It was so weird to be living in a void apartment. The only things I'd moved here for now were the mattress, the fridge and a few other items for daily survival. But other than that? It was empty.

I didn't even have anything to put my cloths other than my suitcase.

I couldn't wait to fill it all properly so it would stop being so lame. But first I needed to fix the dampness and paint the whole flat. I won't be able to work on it until next weekend and that would take a another few days to accomplish.

Who ever said moving was easy? Oh, right, no one did. Because it sucks.

But on the bright side, I got a good job. Well paid and not that far from my friends and my uncles and Pensilvania.

And the flat wasn't bad at all.

A single bedroom loft apartment.

The lobby, living room and kitchen was all one big room with two columns holding the whole building and a big window covering most of the wall across the front door. Then there was a door on the left leading to a medium size bathroom with a big shower and another door on the right leading to the large room.

For a single person it was definitely a more than fine place. And with the lack of furniture, and the not so good state of the place, I got a good prize for it.

So I guess putting up with the odds of it now was worth it.

Also, moving to Providence allowed me to put space between me and New York.

Between me an Alissa.

My heart still clenched, thinking of her and I forced my head away from her or I would have a bad start of the day.

She hadn't called me today yet. So I guess that was a win. I'm gonna take it as that.

Brushing my eyes to rub away the sleepiness, there was a loud knock my front door and suddenly I was reminded of what had woken me up. The bell rang then and the knocking increased. Glancing at the clock on my phone seeing it was barely past eight in the morning. I groaned, standing.

One day that I could actually laze around and there was this whoever knocking at my door. I really hope this wasn't some neighbour. I couldn't think of a worst way to introduce myself to someone I would be living next to.