George Russell- Race Win

"I can't believe we are finally going to watch the Silverstone Grand Prix in 4 more days. I can't wait." My friend, Jenna says across our table at the coffee shop down the road from my house. We meet here for coffee every Wednesday when we don't have class. "I'm so excited. Hopefully we will be able to meet some of the drivers." My other friend, Jessie says. "Same. I can barley concentrate in class." My best friend Jemma says.

"I honestly can't wait, My first Grand Prix." I say keeping up my act. I have actually been to a couple Grand Prix's over the last few months with my boyfriend, George Russel. I go as a spectator and sit in the seats right next to the grid as we have decided to keep our relationship private for now. I say goodbye to my friends as I walk outside to my car and drive to the airport as George flies into London today and he is staying with me in my apartment for the next 2 weeks.

I pull up outside Heathrow airport and see that George is swarmed by paparazzi. "Hello." I hear his voice from the back seat as he climbs in. I quickly pull away from the paparazzi. "Hi love. How was your flight?" I ask and smile at him in the rear view mirror. "Great but I'm better now that I'm with you." He says, which makes me blush.

As soon as we finished breakfast George gave me a kiss before running out the door. We cuddled a little too much this morning and now he is going to be late for his meeting with Mercedes in preparation for the race weekend which starts tomorrow. I begin to tidy up the apartment a little after what happened when we got back from the airport...

"You nervous babe?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his torso as I watch him make a cup of tea. "Only because you will be watching me." George says, turning around and placing his hands on my hips. "Babe, you don't have to be nervous about me." I say.  "I want to make you proud." He admits softly. "George, no matter what happens on the track. You can be sure of one thing. I will always be proud of you and that's a guarantee." I quickly press my lips to his. After a few minutes he pulled away. "My tea is getting cold." He says. I lightly smack his shoulder. "You serious," I ask with a smile "I'm here making out with you and all you can think about is your tea?" I ask. He smiles nervously. "Honestly so rude." I say and pretend to be upset with him while walking out the kitchen.

He runs up behind me and picks me up spinning me around. "Georgie, put me down." I giggle. "What on earth." I hear. We stop and George puts me down. "Jemma, hi." I say nervously. She looks between me and George, confused. "Jemma. This is my boyfriend Geo" "George Russell." She interrupts me. "How long has this been going on." She questions. "6 months." George says looking at me with a smile plastered on his face. "Omg and you didn't tell us." Jemma says. "Yeah I know but please don't tell anyone. We don't want to go public just yet." I say to her and she nods understandingly.

George left and jemma spent the next ten minutes telling me off for not telling her about him. Eventually Jenna and Jessie show up and we leave for the track. I place my Mercedes hat on (a/n. Yes George is racing for Mercedes.) and I pack my paddock pass that George insisted I get, just Incase I need it. Eventually we make it to the track and we find our seats. "You booked the tickets right?" Jessie yelled at me over the noise of the crowd. I nod my head. "Explains why we are sitting directly across from the Mercedes garage." Jenna says, mocking me. I roll my eyes as they giggle. I have never really been close with them but jemma is friends with them so I tolerate them.

"I get that George Russell is hot but there are way better looking guys on track. Plus I'm sure George has a secret girlfriend hiding here somewhere." Jessie says with a laugh. "Yeah and I bet she is ugly too." Jenna says with a cackle. "That's a bit to far guys. I'm sure she is just as beautiful as the rest of us." Jemma says, sticking up for me. I squeeze her shoulder to say thanks.

The cars are all situated on the grid and the race is about to start. After the qualifying yesterday, George is starting p2 which is a career best start.

There are 9 laps left and George is so far ahead of the other drivers it will take a miracle for them to catch up. "George Russell is in P1 and Lando Norris is 40 seconds behind him in P2." The announcer says. "He is going to win his first Grand Prix, I have to be there." I say to myself and Jemma hears me. "Go to your mans. I'll cover for you." She says and I immediately jump up and spring down the stairs and towards the paddock entrance. I slow down and rummage around my backpack for my pass. I find it and scan it, the security lets me in. I fix my hair and I speed walk through the paddock to the Mercedes garage.

"5 laps left"

I make it to the Mercedes garage and walk in. Someone with a list stops me and surprisingly my name is at the bottom of the list so he lets me in.

"4 laps left"

I walk up to the tv screens in the garage and many of the engineers there turn to look at me but don't say anything. I watch all the cars who's around the track but specifically the Mercedes car in front.

"3 laps left"

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Toto Wolff standing there. "Hello." He says. "Hi." I greet back before he walks back to the pit wall. Toto is the person who got me the paddock pass so he knows that George and I are together.

"2 laps left."

George is still in the lead but Lando is closing the gap. I nervously pick at my cuticles as I watch the screens in front of me.

"Final lap of the British Grand Prix"

He is going to win. I can't believe it. I start bouncing on the balls of my feet. The excitement rushing through my body.

"And it's George Russell in the Mercedes who wins the British Grand Prix." The announcer says and I hear my name being yelled. It's Toto and he is waving me over. "Yes!" I yell at Toto over the noise of the crowd and he hugs me. I follow him to where the drivers park their cars at the end of the race.

I wait at the barrier and George jumps into his team and celebrated with them before seeing me. The smile on my face is so wide my face is beginning to hurt. George wraps his arms around me and lifts me up over the barrier. He rips his helmet off of his head and grabs my waist. He pulls me close and connects my lips to his. He pulls away quickly and I see my face plastered on the giant screen. I ignore it and celebrate with him till he has to leave to get weighed.

After George has showered we walk out the Mercedes garage to where the exit for the paddock is. George walks next to me with his arm placed around my shoulders. I hear my name being called and I look over to see Jemma standing next to the guard. "Let her in." George yells and the man nods. Jemma sprints over to us. "Wow George that was amazing. Well done." She says to him. "Thanks." He says.

"What happened to Jessie and Jenna?" I ask as we continue to walk to the exit. "Oh you don't wanna know. I was so close to murdering them. You should have heard the stuff they said about you after you left." She said. "What did they say?" I asked cautiously. Jemma stops and I stopped next to her which ended up pulling George's arm because he wasn't expecting it. "They called you horrible names. Especially when they saw you too on the screen after the race." She said. I felt George squeeze my shoulder. "You have always said that they aren't very nice people." George said from next to me. "Yeah. I'm never speaking to them again." Jemma says with a smile.