Oscar Piastri - everyones favourite couple

This is based on the video Max took with the McLaren camera at Zandvoord

I scan my pass as I walk into the paddock. The photographers snapping photos as I walk past. My bag full of gifts, especially stroopwaffels, from the fans as I drive to the track. The crowd here is already partying even though the race only starts in 6 hours. I walk past the Red Bull garage and spot max and Checo outside. "Hey guys!" I wave. "Hey, y/n. Ready for the race today?" Max asks. "Oh yeah, this crowd has me pumped up already." I say laughing before walking towards the Alfa Romeo garage.

I change into my team gear and go to the team meeting to run over the strategies once more. I greet Valtteri as I walk in and sit next to my head engineer. After discussing the different strategies for the race today Valtteri and I chat as we walk out into the paddock. "At least the rain has stopped for now but it does look like it will rain later." I say to him. "Yeah that will be fun." He says with a small smile. I'm about to reply before I hear my name. "Y/n, the f2 race is starting now!" I hear and turn to see Lando. "I'll see you later Valtteri." I say and walk off towards Lando. I always make time to watch the f2 races as I'm friends with most of them as I only left f2 at the end of last year after finishing second, behind Filipe. I walk with Lando to the McLaren hospitality center, they have a TV screen outside specifically for us to watch. I get there and find Charles, George, Alex and Oscar standing around the screen already. "Am I late?" I ask. "Y/n!" They all say at the same time and I hug them hello, hugging Oscar last. "Hi baby." I say before quickly kissing him. "Hi babe." He smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we stand and watch the race.

"That was the most chaotic race I've ever seen." I say as Clement crosses the line. "Poor Fred, that's so crazy that both his wheels came off." Lando added. My phone pings and it's a message from my engineer summoning me to the garage. "Oops, gotta go boys. I'll see you for the driver parade later. Cheers." I say and a chorus of "bye" follows me as they stand and discuss the race.

I walk down the pit lane towards the other drivers who are waiting for the parade. I see max with a camera and he's interviewing Lando, I can hear their laugh as I approach them. I place my hand on Oscar's shoulder. "Hey, love. Max stole the camera from Lando and now he's vlogging for McLaren tv, that's what he's called it." Oscar fills me in. I giggle. "He's a strange one." I say and Oscar pulls me in front of him, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and kissing my forehead. I place my hand on top of his and watch the guys laugh as Lando explains how he's going to overtake max at the start and lead the race. We laugh at his plan before max pans the camera around to Charles.

Eventually the camera lands on us. "And here we have everyone's favorite couple. We all know your adorable story, met in f3 and caught each others eyes from across the paddock, fell in love and the rest is history. Y/n, first female driver in f1 for many years, are you ready for the race today?" Max asks me making me smile. "Yes, I'm ready. The crowd is awesome and I'm ready to kick your guys' butts." I say confidently. "Wow, I guess we will see about that. Oscar? How are you feeling for the race? What are you saying?" Max asks. "I'm excited to see y/n try to pull that off, but yeah I'm a bit further back than I'd like to be but let's see how it goes, the rain will be fun though." He says and max moves onto his next victim, George.

"You did well in quali, you're going to do so well today, I know it." I say leaning back so my head rests on his shoulder. He laughs a little. "Thank you love, you never fail to motivate me and that's why I love you." He smiles down at me. "Of course, that's what I'm here for." I reply and he kisses me quickly. "Eww guys get a room." Lando yells. I laugh and max lightly smacks him.