Max Verstappen - Injured

"Ugh that guy gets on my nerves." I say, flopping down on the couch in Charles' driver room. "Who?" My twin brother questions. "Max." I sigh and he nods, understandingly. "I feel the same." He comments, not looking up from his phone. "Ugh and sometimes I just want to punch him. Especially after the time he got me kicked out the paddock, in the rain. I didn't even do anything." I say, getting upset. "Hey. Just relax and ignore him. I was also mad but that's how Max works. Just do nothing and he will go away." Charles says, putting his phone away and trying to calm me down. "I'm going to go for a walk." I say, trying to calm myself down.

I walk out the Ferrari hospitality building and turn into the paddock walking all the way down to the end. Passing mechanics and media people bustling through the paddock. Fans screaming as the excitement for qualifying builds up. I walk past a bunch of fans. Waving at some of the Ferrari fans. Then a sharp pain shoots through my head. As a small rock falls onto the floor next to me. I look up in shock at the sniggering teens. My cheek throbs and as I turn around a I feel a sting on my cheek and quickly turn around, moving away from the fans before I could see what they threw at me. I feel something on my cheek. I place my fingers against my cheek and feel a liquid. "Ah now I'm bleeding." I say quietly but apparently not quietly enough. "Y/n?" I hear and I look up to find Max standing there in front of me. "Look I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now." I say pushing past him. "No you're hurt. Who did this." He asks, pulling me back in front of him. "Why do you care." I say, struggling in his grip. "Who. Hurt. You." He repeats, holding me still and looking me dead in my eyes. "It was some stupid fans, throwing stones and one just happened to nick me. I'm fine." I say to him, pushing past him. Max grumbles, debating on which way to go.

I hear footsteps behind me. "Max go away, leave me alone." I say, not even turning around. I know it's him because of the strange feeling coursing through my veins. He follows me into the bathroom. "Let me see, I'll fix you up." He says. Why is he being so nice? "No it's ok, I can do it. You don't have to stress. Go back to whatever you were doing." I say to him, waving him off as I open the first aid kit. "I'm not leaving till you let me help you." He says, closing the bathroom door. "Well that's not going to ha-" I'm interrupting by him lifting me onto the bathroom counter. "See now you don't have a choice." He says and I give in, knowing there is no way to win.

"You really didn't have to do this." I say as he grabs a bandage out of the bag. "Yes I did." He says, placing the plaster over the cut, slowly brushing his thumb over it. It's quiet. He looks at me. I look back at him. Before I know it his lips are pressed against mine and I don't hate it. I kiss back. My body explodes as he pulls me closer.

Never did I ever think I'd enjoy kissing max.